May 3, 2019
"It takes but one positive thought when given a chance ... to overpower an entire army of negative thoughts." Robert H. Schuller
From Mrs. Lewis...
Congratulations to 7th Grade Students!!!! They met their discipline goal for April and will enjoy tech time during lunch. Teachers, please plan a day you wish for them to have this time.
There will be no Electives after May 23rd. Elective teachers and EC teachers will be utilized for EOG testing and makeups.
- -Please be reminded that the Counselor's Vlog is required every other Tuesday. Students are required to watch in homeroom and respond to the journal topic.
- Please make your attendance at work a priority from now until the end of school. We need all hands on deck to maintain order and to provide instruction.
- From Cabinet - Please continue to eliminate misadministrations. "SCS had 27 retakes on tests due to mis-administrations; of those 27, 19 were adult error. Trainings are held for these tests. Dr. Burris has provided training for these taking of these tests. Misadministrations should be reduced across the district."
- SIT VOTING - Please be reminded, once voting is completed, both the 2018-19 and 2019-20 SIT Teams will meet on May 20. Mark your calendars
- EMPLOYEES PAID 11 MONTHS – HEALTH, DENTAL AND VISION BENEFIT PREMIUMS WILL BE DOUBLE DEDUCTED IN JUNE
- After May 1 upon entering absences in the AESOP system, you will be asked to sign in as they have upgraded the system.
- Bus Drivers are needed across the district. If there is anyone on campus that wishes to get their bus license, the next training will take place at the Co-Operative Extension building (May 6-8) from 8:30 to 4:00 each day. Please see Mrs. Lewis if you are interested.
- From Cabinet (Instructional Resources) https://unctv.pbslearningmedia.org/(FREE) PBS Learning Media / UNC-TV and PBS have created free, standards-aligned videos, interactives, lesson plans and more for teachers’ daily use in the classroom https://www.techlearning.com/tl-advisor-blog/6113 Take home devices are making it easier for students to learn in math. This article is an alphabetical list of some favorite sites and apps to engage students in learning math, grades K-12.
- The Schedule for Monday is attached. Don't forget that students must qualify to attend the PBIS Staff vs. Student Basketball game. Each grade level should make arrangements for non-qualifying students who will stay behind. Students who can't attend should be tutored in preparation for EOGs. (No exceptions)
- What has your team decided for weekly behavior incentives? PBIS passports and stamps are a requirement as this is part of our PBIS plan. Students should not attend TLC or PBIS events unless they have earned them.
- If you are interested in working Curriculum Week, please complete the application below by May 6. Applicants will be selected on success in the classroom and knowledge of learning focus/engaging and digital instructional strategies https://forms.gle/fKusqt6iz58s3KqE9
- EOY PDPs should have been completed and signed off by the end of the day yesterday.
- May 7th will be the last day for clubs.
- In order for student to purchase a prom ticket(s) they must have turned in the signed form. 7th graders who are invited must also have a signed form turned in. Please send Audrey a list of the students who have turned one in ASAP. If students need a copy please see Ms. Audrey.
- Ms. Grady is in need of newspapers for an art project.
- Mrs. Spencer will have combined choir rehearsal in the gym at 2:00 on Thursday, May 16.
- SEARCH will conduct student interviews on Tuesday, May 21st. We have 33 students to be interviewed!
- Corporate Membership is available for Scotland County School District Employees at Scotch Meadows Country Club. You can choose from a full membership or a pool only membership! See flyer attached above for more information.
May 6 - 10 -Staff Appreciation Week
May 6 - Faculty vs. Student PBIS basketball game @ 2:15
May 7 - Special Olympics
May 7 - Clubs - Last day
May 7 - 8 -Spartan Academy
May 8 - School Nurse Day
May 8 - Progress Reports
May 8- Wacky Wednesday
May 10- TLC
- May 13 - Muffins for Moms
- May 13 - Staff Meeting
- May 14 - 15 -Spartan Academy
- May 10- Combined Choir Rehearsal in the gym at 2:30
- May 16 - Spring Chorus Concert 6pm
- May 17- TLC
- May 20 - SIT Meeting
- May 20 - Spring Band Concert 6pm
- May 21-22 - Spartan Academy
- May 22 - Athletic Parent Mtg for Fall Sports 5:30pm
- May 23 - EOG pep rally 2:15pm
- May 27- Memorial Day Holiday- No School
- May 24 - June 7 - END OF GRADE TESTING
- May 31 - 8th Grade PROM
- June 3 - Staff Meeting
- June 5 - 6th Grade Awards Ceremony 8:45am
- June 5 - 7th Grade Awards Ceremony 10:00am
- June 6 - 8th Grade Promotion Ceremony 9:00am
- June 7 - 1/2 day for students 12:00 pm dismissal
- June 7 - Deercroft Staff PD - Cookout
- June 10 - Required TWD
- June 10 - 14 Summer retest
- June 11 - Optional TWD
- June 17 - 21 C&I Review Week
- June 25 - 27 Facilitator's Week
Upcoming Testing Windows:
- EOGs May 24-June 7