What's Happening ?? !!
~ Hawley Newsletter ~ September 1, 2017 ~
From the Desk of Mr. Moretti
Dear Hawley Parents/Guardians,
Here's What's Happening at Hawley.......
- For all you new folk, this is my Newsletter (usually weekly, but, well.....you know). It contains updates and reminders and with my new format....the sky's the limit. Yes, I still have kid's quotes but you will have to scroll to the bottom ;0) I hope you find it helpful/informative/enjoyable.
- WHAT A WEEK!!! Beautiful Weather; Smiling Faces; Hard Work; Learning & Laughter!
- Our bus dismissal has improved each day. We will continue to fine tune the process. Hawley students are picking it up quickly; the Reed students have been amazing with the transfer; and staff has been spot on. Please contact me with any questions.
- We had a very successful Fire Drill as everyone did what they had practiced.
- Morning Drop Off- Please turn into the playground blacktop area as you proceed to the back whether there is traffic or not (I fixed the potholes ;0). Two-way traffic is tight with the full parking lot and it just makes it safer on corners. Your support is appreciated.
- Thank you for all the kind words, patience and support as we launched the new year. We can not do our work without your help.
Afternoon Dismissal: Very Important
- Hawley students being picked up can not be signed out to play outside while parents wait for Reed students. Although I understand the thinking, we are just unable to keep track of that at this time.
- I am uncomfortable with older brothers/sisters signing out siblings and waiting for a ride on campus or nearby (I am not talking about walkers). While I wait for guidance from our attorney regarding liability, I ask that adults pick up students.
- On Tuesday night (Grades K-2) & Wednesday night (Grades 3 & 4) we invite parents to meet with teachers.
- Open House is an evening planned for adults only, to receive generic overviews of protocols/procedures, expectations, and curriculum.
If you feel that there is a need for a more individualized conversation with your child’s teacher, please share that with them so a meeting at a future date can be arranged.
Our program will begin promptly at 6:30 PM in the gym with a Principal’s Presentation followed by Classroom Presentations from 7:00-8:00 PM. Please note: the Principal’s Presentation is the same both evenings so those attending both nights can plan accordingly.
Please utilize Caraluzzi’s parking lot for this event.
- Ms. Laiso (School Counselor) and Mr. Varrone (School Psychologist) will be starting lunch groups soon and sometimes students are allowed to bring a friend of their choice. If any parent prefers that their child NOT be invited as a guest in a lunch group, please let Ms. Laiso (firstname.lastname@example.org), Mr. Varrone (email@example.com), or the child's classroom teacher know.
- The Newtown Counselors have a Quarterly Newsletter, click here for the latest edition.
- If you are interested in volunteering in the library this year please contact Christi Carlson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please keep in mind that any volunteers who help in the library will need to fill out a volunteer waiver for security purposes. Thank you!
- We have begun a collection to help out hurricane victims in Texas. Click Here to see how you can contribute.