Runyan Elementary Mission
At Runyan Elementary, we are a safe and welcoming community dedicated to student-focused learning driven by high expectations for all.
Be Sure and Vote!
Early voting for the November 5th Bond Referendum continues this week through Friday, November 1st. Election Day is Tuesday, November 5th. For more information about the upcoming Bond Election and to view voting polling locations and times, please visit www.conroeisd.net/bond or www.elections.mctx.org.
Upcoming Special Events
Literacy Night and PK Parent Night -- November 7th
- 5:30-6:30 Literacy Night -- Contests and prizes (winners get a party the next day)! Fun for the whole family! A chance to visit the book fair!
- 6:00-6:45 PK Parent Night -- Learn with your child -- fun ways to support school success at home!
Fall Book Fair -- November 4th-8th
Attendance Boundary Community Meetings
- November 12th at 6:00 at Peet JH
- November 13th at 12:00 at Conroe HS 9th Grade Campus
- November 14th at 6:00 at Bozman Intermediate
Additional Calendar Information for November:
- 11/3 Daylight Savings -- fall back one hour
- 11/4-11/8 Fall Book Fair
- 11/5 Election day!
- 11/7 Literacy night / PK Parent night
- 11/8 2nd grade field trip to The Woodlands Children's Festival
- 11/8 3rd grade musical performance (two repeat performances 9:00 and 1:30)
- 11/11 Teacher staff development -- student holiday
- 11/12 Attendance boundary community meeting
- 11/13 Attendance boundary community meeting
- 11/14 Attendance boundary community meeting
- 11/25-11/29 Thanksgiving break -- student holiday
The Importance of Sleep for Student Success
Important Arrival / Dismissal Procedures
- Doors open at 7:30 each morning. This is the earliest students may be dropped off for school. There is no supervision for students prior to that time, so please do not drop students off earlier than 7:30.
- Students who dismiss as walkers must walk home. They may not be picked up by someone driving to the walker area in a car, even when the weather is bad. All students leaving school in a car must dismiss through the car-rider line, and cars may not park along the road to pick up a walker.
- Cars may only make a right turn into the car-rider line. This means cars will have to drive West down Foster Dr. in order to turn right into the line. (Left turns will not be allowed.) Cars may join the car-rider line on Foster from Porter Road or from Cedar Crossing. Please do not make U-turns on Foster Drive, as it creates a safety hazard for drivers.
- To make a dismissal change, parents may email the school at email@example.com and include a picture of their driver's license. All dismissal change requests must be received BEFORE 2:45 so we have time to communicate the change to the dismissal duty staff.
CISD Non-Discrimination Statement:
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner.
For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.