We Are Together Tamanend!
June 10, 2013
District Boomerang Recognition
Andrew C. truly exemplifies a young person who has a positive view of his future. Andrew has been committed to our school’s music department throughout his three years at Tamanend. He is a leader in the school’s chorus, both elite singing groups, and Tamanend's musical. Outside of school, Andrew is involved with the Theatre Arts Center in Doylestown and the Sellersville Theater, Bristol Theater, and Settlement Music School. He has a summer filled with musical activities, including performance and a musical theater camp at Westminster Choir College. He aspires to making it on Broadway but knows that there should be a “Plan B,” which in his case, involves law school. Andrew is clearly a person who knows what he wants to do in the future and is doing everything possible to achieve his goals. We congratulate Andrew for his CB Cares District Boomerang Recognition!
We thank all of the parents who helped each month to provide a delicious Boomerang Breakfast for our many Tamanend students who were recognized. Thank you, Mrs. Mancini for your leadership in making our Boomerang program so successful. We also thank CB Cares for their support of our many students who do great things in our school, the community, and their homes.
Students who owe books, fines, cafeteria money, athletic uniforms, or anything that belongs to Tamenend, will not be permitted to attend the Talent Show this Thursday. Please work with your student to fulfill their obligations to Tamanend before the end of the school year. Obligations for our 9th graders carry over to CB South.
Lost and Found
Science Data Day
Last week our 8th Grade Scientists enjoyed "Data Day, 2013" as they performed scientific experiments. Fellow classmates participate in those experiments. Data was collected, analyzed, and findings will be reported - awesome!
Help Tamanend While You Shop or Recycle
If you use the following vendors, please think about supporting TMS while you shop and recycle:
- Use this link to connect to Amazon to shop and Tamanend can earn as much as 15% of what you purchase!
- Giant Food Store has an A+ School Rewards program through their clip-less coupon card. Register your card and TMS will receive a percentage of your spendings.
- If you shop at Target and have a Target Red Card, you can register your card for Target's Take Charge of Education program so that Tamanend receives a percentage of your spending.
- Clip and send in Box Tops to the attention of NJHS; or, shop at the Box Top Market Place where you will find vendors such as Best Buy, KMart, Justice and more.
- If you like to shop online, check out the eScrip Online Mall. When you sign up for an account, selecting Tamanend earns money for our school.
- When you recycle your paper using our Abitibi bin located at the back of our Main Parking Lot, you have not only helped the environment, you help TMS, too.
Highlighted in a Previous Tamanend Connections:
- This summer, Tamanend students and staff will read Wonder for one of their two summer reading books. For more information, click here.
- When buying food at school, students need to "swipe or type" their PIN. Warrington Township Police Department has asked that we remind everyone of the school speed limit of 15 mph during our arrival and dismissal times: 6:55-7:40 a.m. and 2:15-3:00 p.m..
- 2013-2014 CBSD Calendar
- Tamanend is helping to Save Kids Castle! Click here to donate your time, talent or money. To learn more about this worthwhile community service project, you can follow it on Twitter @SaveKidsCastle.
- We need parents, students and staff for our Wellness Committee. If you are interested in helping with a fitness program after school, starting a vegetable garden in our courtyard, or have some other ideas to help our students and staff "go green" and stay fit, please contact Mrs. Mary McDonald, Mrs. Lauren Myrtetus and Ms. Brenda Scheffey about becoming involved in our Wellness Committee.
- If you have a Twitter account, now you can get "Tiger Tweets" by following us @CBTamanendMS where we will proudly share good news and accomplishments of our students and staff.
Please read and share with others our "TMS Points of Pride."
Please volunteer to help make this year at TMS great!
- Click here to register to receive CBSD text alerts.