East Side News
Week of May 2, 2016
Mom, Our First Teacher
We know that it takes a partnership between home and school to help our children be who they are, but it is the parent that is the first teacher and it will always will be. Parenthood and motherhood is not an easy job, but it is a special one. Remember what your mom and dad did for you when growing up or even your grandparents.
Mom's are the rock in our being. They are the ones that form the direction in our lives, support us, give us the shoulder to cry on, give us boundaries, be our biggest cheerleaders, but also be our disciplinarian. They are their child's first teacher. Let's work together and support our kids to be the best they can be. They deserve it!
East Side Career Day Was A Smash! Check Out The Photos!
Revision to School District Calendar
2015-2016 CALENDAR REVISIONThe 2015-16 calendar had 7 emergency days built in. To date, the district has called 3 snow days. Four (4) days will be given back as follows:
May 2, 2016 – no school for students and staff
May 27, 2016 – no school for students and staff
June 22, 2016 – no school for students, staff will report
June 23, 2016 – no school for students, staff will report
If additional emergency days are called, the give-back days will be removed in the following order: May 2, June 22, May 27, June 23.
The Global Day of Design At East Side April 26th
What's coming up!
- 5/9/2016: 4th & 5th grade Academic Awards 9:30a.m. East Side Gym
- 5/9/2016: District Budget Hearing @ 6:30p.m. HS Cafeteria
- 5/10/2016: Free Women's Self Defense Course 7-8pm. East Side
- 5/11-12/2016: Kindergarten Screening (Contact District Office @ 287-4870 for info)
- 5/11/2016: Rotary Academic Awards Assembly Invitation Only for 4-5 students
- 5/17/2016: GCSD Budget Vote and Art Show HS Auditorium Lobby
- 5/17-24/2016: East Side PTO Book Fair
- 5/24/2016: East Side PTO Meeting @ 5:00p.m.
East Side Elementary School, Gouverneur, NY
We are a Responsive Classroom school, so our belief is that the social and emotional curriculum is just as important as the academic curriculum. We pride ourselves to "Delivering The Promise of A Brighter Future!"
Please visit our Website, Facebook Page and Twitter Feed!