3rd Grade News
Week of 11/9-11/13
- Mental Math - Make a ten or a hundred if the number ends in 9 or 99.
- Estimation - Round numbers to a given place value THEN subtract!
- Problem Solving - Use the CUBES strategy... Circle important numbers, Underline the question, Box important words (and, more, about, less), Evaluate what you should do to solve the problem, Solve and check
Next week we will regroup, subtract 3 and 4 digit numbers and subtract across zeros.
In our classroom we made Veterans Day flip books explaining what Veterans Day is, what Veterans are, why we honor Veterans and characteristics of Veterans. They are hanging by our windows. Check them out. Students also completed a Veterans Day scoot after reading a passage. The 'scooted' around the room, answering text based questions about Veterans Day.
Please click on the button to go to our Thanksgiving Feast Sign-Up Genius. Food must be brought to school already cooked, warm, and ready to eat. The Feast is on Friday, November 20th. Thank you!
- 11/16 - Respect Lunch Bunch Tailgate! Congratulations Michael!
- 11/20 - Thanksgiving Feast
- 11/23 - Peter and the Wolf Field Trip at the Kimmel Center - Wear formal uniforms - We will leave at 9am and return at 12:30pm - We will eat lunch at school - Addison's mom and Michael's mom are chaperoning. Thank you!
- 11/24 - Book Reports Due, Pajama Day, Addison's birthday celebration!
- 11/25-11/27 - No School - Thanksgiving Break