AIS Friday Flash
Friday, April 2, 2021
Re-Enrollment Due - Mon., 4/5!
Don't forget, you have until Monday, April 5th, to re-enroll with discounted rates! Early registration helps to confirm our staffing needs and classes for next year. We recognize our community has been incredibly giving this year. We will be delaying the usual 10% deposit usually due at processing until May 15th for all re-enrolling families who enroll before 4/5!
Early bird registrations will also benefit from:
- Discounted tuition rates ($250 off per student)
- Delayed deposit until May 15th
- Waived new student fees ($1000 discount)
- Deferred Tuition Installments on Aug 21 to April 22 schedule
To re-enroll, follow these steps:
- Log into your Parents Web portal using your credentials.
- Access the “Apply/Reenroll” menu on the left toolbar,
- Click on Enroll/Re-enrollment option, and on the main screen:
- Access the "Click here to open Online Enrollment:"
- Each eligible student will be listed.
- Click on the “Start Enrollment Packet,” making sure to follow each prompt.
- The directory on the left will be updated with a green checkmark if the section is complete. If the section is not complete, you will see a yellow triangle.
- You can return and continue the enrollment packet at any time.
- Make sure to continue to FACTS and set up the financial plan as well.
The school will update your schedule to run on the August-April plan manually and will send you a notice in about a week with the final schedule and amounts. Reach out to Mathilde with any enrollment questions or April with any accounting questions. We are glad to have you continue in our community for the 2021-2022 school year!
PTO Positions Open for the 2021-2022 School Year
Interested in helping to support other AIS families and our school? Consider joining the Parent Teacher Executive Committee next year. Positions include President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, and Room Parent Coordinator. If you are interested and want to know more, drop them an email here and stay tuned for more details.
Virtual Storytime Open House - Wed., 4/7, 5:00 - 6:30 pm
Just us in hosting a virtual Storytime event for prospective families this Wednesday, April 7th. We will read books in French, Spanish, and English for our guests and get to know them while they discover more about AIS.
Parent-Teacher Conference Sign-Ups - Sat., 4/10, 10:00 am
As a reminder, Parent-Teacher Conferences (PTCs) will take place on Thursday, April 15th (1:00pm-5:00pm) and Friday, April 16th (8:30am-5:00pm). Consequently, there will be early dismissal at 12:00pm on Thursday, April 15th and no school on Friday, April 16th. In preparation for semester 2 conferences, the PTC Conference Manager will open to families at 10:00am on Saturday, April 10th. As with the first semester conferences, these will all take place online. If you have been previously registered for Parent-Teacher Conferences, then you will receive an automatic email reminder to register for time slots to meet with your children’s teachers. If this is your first time attending PTCs, then you can visit the AIS Parent-Teacher Conference Manager ahead of time to create an account by clicking on the blue REGISTER button. If you need any help with this process, please reach out to Jacques.
Progress Reposts Disseminated-Mon., 4/12
Progress Reports will be sent home on Monday, April 12th via email. Please read the email message sent with the progress report link for an explanation of the progress indicators on the progress reports. These documents are available through the link for 14 days, so don’t forget to save them for your records. If you have any questions about your child's progress report, feel free to reach out to your child's teaching team directly.
Parent-Teacher Conferences/Half Day of School - Thur., 4/15
The school will close early on Thursday, 4/15 to conduct Parent-Teacher Conferences with our families beginning at 1:00 pm. All students will need to be picked up between 11:30 am and 12:00 pm. We will adjust the announce time on PikMyKid accordingly. Due to COVID restrictions, we do not have any childcare available. Please refer to the sign-up instructions above to secure a PTC session with your child(ren)’s teachers.
Early Release (11:30-12:00) on Thu., 4/15 – No Childcare Available
Classes will end at 11:30 am on Thursday, April 15th. Students must be picked up between 11:30 am and 12:00 pm following our normal dismissal procedures using PikMyKid. In order to prevent cross-contact between cohorts, childcare will not be available on the afternoon of Thursday, April 15th.
Parent-Teacher Conferences/No School - Fri., 4/16
We will hold Parent-Teacher conferences on Friday, April 16th. This is a staff workday, and no childcare is available. Please refer to the sign-up instructions above to secure a PTC session with your child(ren)’s teachers.
Spring Fund Run - Fri., 4/23
Save the date for our upcoming FUNd Run. The event will look a bit different this year, but we look forward to hosting this fun event. Stay tuned for more details coming soon.
20th Anniversary Student Bricks
AIS is such a special community and has been made possible thanks to the support of all those students, families, and staff who have been a part of its foundation, growth, and history. As we commemorate our 20th anniversary, we want to say thank you to everyone who has been a part of this remarkable school.
At our gala, you heard from AIS parent and board member, Mike Carper, about the first phase of our 20th Anniversary initiatives, including a way to honor your AIS student(s) and alumni. Help us pay homage by purchasing a brick with your student's name to become part of the new brick pavement to be installed on the pathway leading up to the school.Each brick (per student) is $150 and will help fund the 20th Anniversary Master Plan campus beautification at our school. The first bricks will be installed in the summer of 2021!
- If you purchased a brick at the gala, you received a follow-up email with this link to customize it! Thank you for entering your details via the google form.
- If you haven't yet purchased one, click on our Anniversary giving page which includes more details and customization information. Tip: Scroll down to read the information and then proceed to the Donate button, enter $150 per brick, and then you can customize.
Sex Education in Middle School
We are happy to have been able to welcome Lindsay Fram, MPH to host one parent and three student sex education workshops this week! Parents attended a session on "Raising SexuallySmart Kids", and our 6th-8th grade students attended sessions on "Introduction to Human Sexuality", "Gender, Identity & Diversity", and "Healthy Relationships, Communication & Consent". We will be hosting two additional sessions for 8th grade only in May on "STD and Pregnancy Prevention" and "Sexual Media and Pornography". Lindsay has been working with kindergarten through college students (and their parents!) for years, and her sessions have been fantastic! Check out the book recommendations by age listed on the website linked above.
Summer Camp at AIS
KidzToPros summer camps have included an April discount on their camps for a $100Register at www.kidztopros.com and enter code FLY100 during checkout to receive $100 off each camp just for AIS students. Check out the flyer for additional details.
- Wonder Robotics
- Play It All Sports
- MakerSpace: Electronic Gadgets & Wearables
- Roblox Obstacle Course
- Music Production: Beats, Scratches, & Tracks, Soccer
- MakerSpace: Games & Toys
- Minecraft Coding & Game Design
- 3D Modeling
- Art Skills
- Playwright's Guild & Film Studio
- Lego Robotics - 3D Mindstorms
- Coding Game Design
- Digital Arts & Graphic Design
- Python Programming & Game Design
- Web Design and more!
April Student Birthdays
Happy Birthday, bon anniversaire, and feliz cumpleanos to the following students with April birthdays: Micaela Z., Fiona C., Manning L., Rowin M., Aroa M., Jack J., Lorraine S., Audrey K., Amelia H., Cora R., Samantha B., Alina S.
Save the dates
Mark these important upcoming dates on your calendars.
- 4/7 Virtual Storytime Open House
- 4/12 Progress Reports
- 4/15 1/2 Day of School & Parent-Teacher Conferences
- 4/15 Spring Alumni Event (new date!)
- 4/16 No School/Parent-Teacher Conferences
- 4/21 - 4/22 Kendra Scott Virtual Mom's Day Spirit Event
- 4/23 Fund Run Day
- 4/26-4/30 STEAM Week