eLearning Lessons in Nearpod
How To Add Your Content
Make a copy of the Template
- Replace template text [in brackets] with your own text.
- Fill in other text.
Files - PDF, Audio MP3, PPT, etc.
If you are doing a video recording, I highly recommend that you upload it to your YouTube account. It will be easier to embed in your lesson. It will save you some frustrations if you sign in to your account and set up your channel first.
- Sign into YouTube with your school Google account
- Click upload
- When prompted, create your "channel"
- You will now be able to upload video files, from your computer or directly from programs like Screencast-O-Matic, to your YouTube channel.
There are many tools available for video recording. If you're already comfortable with something, use it! If this is new to you, I recommend Screencast-O-Matic. It's free and relatively easy. Watch this video to learn the basics. Then follow the steps to upload your video to YouTube and find the URL to include it in your lesson.
Select "Upload to YouTube"
Make sure you have followed the steps to sign in and create your YouTube channel first.
Fill in Title & Description
Find Your Video on YouTube
It will be listed under "My Channel" when it finishes uploading (make take some time).
You won't be able to record within Nearpod. The steps (demonstrated in the video below) are:
- Use Online Voice Recorder to make your audio recording.
- Save it to your computer.
- Upload it to your Nearpod slide.
Getting The Share Link to Your Lesson
The full Nearpod Course is also available to help you learn more about using Google Slides. Go get your badge! Once you've built this lesson and used it with students, you'll have earned it!