February 2021 - Grant Community School E-Newsletter
Return to in-person Hybrid Learning- March
- March 2nd, students in Kinder and 1st grade
- March 9th, students in 2nd and 3rd grade
- March 16th, students in 4th and 5th grade
- Students will attend school 2 days out of the week depending on their assigned cohort.
- Our school hours are 10:30am to 3:30pm.
We are diligently working on implementing some changes here at Grant and letting you know what those are before students return. Here are a few things you should know:
- We will be releasing a video shortly about what a typical day will look like during Hybrid Learning. You will be able to locate this video on our YouTube channel.
- All students will need to wear face coverings/masks unless a student has a medical condition that we are aware of.
- We ask that you leave all of your current school supplies and Chromebooks at home. We will be providing basic supplies to use while at school. These are to be kept here at school and will only be used by an individual student.
- We have made adjustments to our drop off and pick up process. You will see this soon in a video that we will share with families.
- Each household will receive a family survey via email to obtain feedback and hear your concerns. Please take the survey after watching all of the return to Hybrid Learning videos.
- Registration for incoming kinder students for the fall of 2021
- Window for applications for the Dual Language Program.
If you have a child who will be 5-years-old before September 10 of this year, you can swing by the school to get a registration packet.
**Dual Language applications are only accepted during the month of March. This is a lottery system conducted by the K-12 Office. The deadline for the Dual Language Program application is March 31st. You can find the DL application here.
There is an informational meeting for all families who are interested in having their child attend the Dual Language Program. You are welcome to attend this live event on February 16 using this link:
Listen by phone: +1 872-240-8046 (Toll)
Conference ID: 108 500 394#
Grab N' Go Library
Our Grab N' Go Library is still on pause. We will let you know via auto-dialer once we have clearance to resume this activity on an on-going basis. In the meantime, please check out Mrs. Hentz's page to reserve your books ahead of time and pick up during the lunch distribution. This is located in the cafeteria from 11am-1:00pm, Monday-Friday.
Contact Mrs. Hentz with any questions: HENTZ_CONNIE@salkeiz.k12.or.us
Important Dates- February
February 17- Immunization- Exclusion Day
* Questions regarding what immunization(s) is/are needed can be answered by the school office. Questions about available resources to receive immunizations can be directed to the Nurse Help Line at 503-399-3376.
Feed Salem- Community Resource for Families * February 20
Feed Salem is from 10 AM to Noon at the NW corner of Church Street and Hood Avenue. This is a drive-through distribution, entering from the north side of Church Street. Clients should stay in their cars, and Salem Alliance Church staff will load their car with their food. We ask clients to provide us with their name, address, and number of adults and children in their household for our records and Marion-Polk Food Share. There is no need to sign up.
Feed Salem Upcoming Date:
2/20/2021 from 10:00am to 12:00pm
February Grizzly Pride Assembly & Spirit Day
See this document for some ideas...Crazy Hair Day
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 893 5451 4243
OBOB- Battle of the Books
Mrs. Zavala is running the annual Oregon Battle of the Books at Grant. OBOB will be happening from now until March 17th. There will be no regional battle this year, but we will announce the school champion team at the March Grizzly Pride Assembly.
She will be using a Zoom meeting to run all of the OBOB battles and meetings.
Information about the titles can be found on the Library Media site: https://sites.google.com/salkeiz.k12.or.us/grant-library
Third grade battles will be held Tuesdays and Thursdays at 12:00-12:25.
Fourth and Fifth grade battles will be held Wednesdays and Fridays at 12:00-12:25.
Students only need to come to their meeting if their team is battling. Mrs. Zavala has sent out the schedules to 3rd-5th grade teachers and students directly.
SchoolStore.Com * A fun way to shop
How do I stay connected?
Read our newest format of the school Newsletter via email, remind or on the school website!Follow us on Facebook. @Grantgrizzly
Follow us on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDmUBbjXKJBuGV81tC--Cpg
Follow us on our school website. https://grant.salkeiz.k12.or.us/
Download the free Remind App on your phone. https://www.remind.com/log_in
Check your email inbox. Update your email in Parent Vue if it's not accurate.