"Inspiring Greatness in Tomorrow's Leaders!" 4-24-15
Happy Administrative Assistant Day!
Think Win Win, Synergize and Yee-Haws!
- Happy Administrative Assistant Day to Kathy, Holly, and Julie. They do so much for our school and they set the tone and positive first impression for all who enter the front doors of our school. We appreciate you SOOOOOOOO much!
- Sharpen the Saw Committee for always making banners, cards, scheduling events, and setting such a caring and loving environment.
- Congratulations Ellen on your engagement!
- Jojo and Nora for supporting their students at the Outdoor Education Scholarship awards ceremony at the SDCOE yesterday
- CAASP testing - Ashley, Dawn for scheduling and proctoring. Great job!
- Kimberly and Jessica for helping with the Kindergarten tour and answering parents' questions. Way to build parents trust and help them feel comfortable coming to SR!
- Kathy and Jojo -for volunteering at science night on Thursday for 4-6th grade. We really needed their facilitation!
- Debbie for redoing the 3rd grade show so that we can film it.
- Caroline Brown for organizing a great Facility Master Planning Meeting and Alice and Ellen for their attendance. We are so fortunate to have such great well-taken facilities and great leadership in Caroline!
- Annie for making the beautiful painting by the stairs. "We Honor the Greatness in You" is such a beautiful addition to our lobby. Thank you for doing this for our school!
- Student Quote of the week: "Yesterday was probably the best day of my life!" - 3rd grader describing his day at school. Awesome!
- Thank you to Nancy, Terry, Angie, and Lisa Denham for coming to our Leadership Day
Speaking of Leadership Day, we could not have had such a great day without so many of our staff making significant contributions: Shiela and her class for making the center pieces, Kindergarten for making thank you cards, Holly and Julie for making our "Thank You for Your Commit -mint to Excellence" cards, Ellen for making the QR codes and tour routes, Angie for monitoring Today's Meet, Dawn and Crystal for helping with logistics, greeters and choir, Kristy for getting students to welcome adults in their home language and in traditional dress, Annie for making the beautiful mural, Ashley for filming and putting the video on the shared folder, and the ENTIRE SR staff for showing flexibility to have students practice and miss class and for welcoming so many visitors to our school. It was a true team effort. Doing things like this, definitely builds student leadership, school pride amongst students, staff, and families, trust in the community that our school is doing amazing things for students, and inspiring others to do great things for students at their schools. As I have been thanking our student participants I have shared the John Quincy Adams quote with them, "If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader." All of you did exactly this; and are leaders of leaders!
Put First Things First
- Play-It-Safe Assembly Monday
- Leadership Meeting on Wednesday
- Open House on Thursday
- Talent Show Permission slips due Friday
- Pancake Breakfast on Friday
- Friday Assembly
- Open House Parade Friday @ 1:15
- Happy Birthday Shaina White 5/3
Enjoy your Weekend and Sharpen the Saw! (: