1. Fry a finely chopped onion in olive oil, when translucent add two heads of broccoli cut into small pieces. Cover and leave on a low heat until the broccoli is cooked. You may need to add a bit of water to create steam and prevent broccoli from sticking. When the broccoli is cooked coarsely mash
2. Whisk salt and pepper, the yolk of one egg and ½ a pint of cream.
3. Finally, mix the egg/cream mixture and the broccoli mixture to cooked pasta or gnocchi
Serve with a generous amount of grated parmesan and cracked pepper.
A excellent source of vitamins A and C. A very good source of folacin and vitamin E, and a useful source of riboflavin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 600g lean beef mince
- 480g quesadilla meal kit (see note)
- 400g can red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeno chillies, drained, finely chopped
- 1 1/3 cups reduced-fat grated tasty cheese
- Guacamole, sliced red chilli and lime wedges, to serve
1. Step 1
Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan forced. Lightly grease a 6cm-deep, 20cm (base) square ovenproof dish.
2. Step 2
Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 4 minutes or until browned. Add seasoning, beans and 1/3 cup cold water. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture has thickened.
3. Step 3
Place 2 tortillas, trimming to fit, in prepared dish. Spread one-third of mince mixture over tortillas. Sprinkle with one-third of the tomato and chillies. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese. Repeat layers, ending with tortillas. Spread salsa over tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Set aside for 10 minutes. Cut into pieces. Serve with guacamole, chilli and lime wedges.
Letter to the editor
I am wondering what your favourite type of pizza is and how you would make it?
Yours, curious cooker.
this is a krick resrper
Dear Curious cooker,
My mexicqana here is a receipe for one
- 8 ounces pizza dough
- Cornmeal, for dough
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups White Sauce, recipe follows
- 3 Meatballs, broken up, recipe follows
- Chopped cooked bacon, for topping
- Chopped Canadian bacon, for topping
- Chopped ham, for topping
Special Equipment: pizza stone
Preheat oven with a pizza stone to 500 degrees F.
Sprinkle some cornmeal onto a clean work surface. Roll the dough out to form a 10-inch round. Sprinkle the back of a sheet pan with cornmeal and place pizza on top. Spread with white sauce then top with the broken up meatballs, bacon, Canadian bacon and ham. Bake until dough is cooked through, golden and crispy and sauce is bubbling, about 15 minutes.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
- See more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/guy-fieri/le-hog-pizza-recipe/index.html#sthash.179jTTzC.dpuf