April 28, 2023
MISD Summer Camps
Montgomery ISD Summer Camp Registrations will open on Monday, May 1 and our AMAZING employees have planned wonderfully engaging, fun opportunities your students won't want to miss!
Summer Camp Guides on the MISD website are divided into two categories: Enrichment Camps and Athletics Camps. Please use the following links to access the guides and make plans to begin registering on Monday! The guides share more information regarding age group, cost, location and details.
Enrichment Camp Guide: https://rb.gy/rrtza
Athletics Camp Guide: https://rb.gy/f616g
Camps will continue to be added to the Camp Guide and MySchoolBucks between May 1 and May 8, so be sure and check back regularly to see what's been added!
Parent Input for Class Placements (Pre-K Through 4th Grades Only)
At the end of each school year, our staff works together to determine classroom placement for the upcoming school year. As we start planning for the 2023-2024 school year, I want to provide you with an opportunity to participate in helping your child have a successful school year. We devote our expertise and time toward creating classroom assignments that ensure balance for optimal teaching and learning. Several important factors are considered when making class placement, such as individual factors specific to each child, boy/girl balance, special program supports, strengths/styles of individual teachers, separation of relatives, and teacher input.
If you would like to particpate in this process as a parent, please complete this form prior to May 10. We will consider parent input carefully before making any placement decisions. Since the criteria listed above will be used to determine class placement, please do not request an individual teachers. Neither individual teacher requests nor forms submitted after May 10th will not be considered.
We look forward to learning more about your child from the parent perspective. Please note that completing the form and providing additional information is voluntary. All student placements will recieve the same care and consideration whether or not the additional information is provided.
Early enrollment for the 2023-2024 school year opened on April 10 and will remain open until May 12. The entire enrollment process can conveniently be completed online HERE.
Please share this news with any neighbors, colleagues and friends who have children that will be NEW to MISD in August. Early enrollment of ALL grades, especially PreK and Kindergarten, best allows for effective planning regarding staffing at each campus. Families that enroll early will be in our system ahead of time, allowing them to receive communications and back to school details like all returning MISD families. Please Note: this is only for students who will be NEW to MISD next school year. Parents of returning students will complete the online registration update when returning to school in August.
Thank you for your support as Montgomery ISD prepares for a smooth transition to the 2023-2024 school year!
For your convenience, the enrollment process is able to be completed online. Take note of all documents that are required and will need to be uploaded to complete your enrollment. Contact our registrar, Erica Nalbach, if you have questions after you complete the enrollment process.
You can find written and video instructions for enrollment on the MISD website here: https://rb.gy/4xk3l
Parent Involvement Opportunities
One of our campus goals is to build more parent involvement on our campus. As parents, you know your child best. We want to partner with you to consistently make our school better. Below are several opportunities where you can be involved or provide feedback.
- Parent Input for Class Placement - If you would like to particpate in this process of class placement for the 23-24 school year as a parent, please complete this form prior to May 10.
- Lincoln 5-Year Celebration - On May 12, our campus will celebrate that Lincoln has been open for 5 years. We have some fun activities and a pep rally scheduled. We would love to have some volunteers to help with running some learning carnival-type games that our teachers will have prepared for class rotations. If you have completed the district volunteer background check and are interested in helping, please reach out to our PTO or Mrs. Ashlock. We will have morning time slots for our PK-2nd graders and afternoon time slots for our 3rd-5th graders.
- WatchDOGS - Click this link for more information, the program presentation from the district, the background form, and the registration form.
- Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) - Our PTO is an organization of parents that works to support our students and staff in a variety of ways. They recently purchased some toys and games that students can play with the weather inhibits their ability to play outside. They also bring in special programs and activities for our students and find ways to show appreciation to our staff. We encourage all families to join. For more information, you can contact our PTO at email@example.com. You can also find them on Facebook (@myLESPTO).
- Parent Feedback Form - Any time you want to share your thoughts, you can email, call, or make an appointment to visit. Another way you can provide input is to simply complete our parent feedback form at any time. Your responses are anonymous unless you choose to include your name and/or contact information.
This Week at Lincoln
Each week, we want to provide you with an overview of our Lincoln statistics and where we are as a campus. We will share information about enrollment, student behaviors, and attendance. Additionally, as we have celebrations to share regarding our students' academic successes, we'll list them here too.
Current enrollment: 457
***Welcome new student, Chloe W.!***
Attendance (Goal 95%)
Average Daily Attendance Rate August-March: 94.0%
Average Daily Attendance Rate for the Week of:
- 4/3-4/6: 91.8%
- 4/10-4/14: 94.0%
- 4/17-4/21: 94.1%
- 4/24-4/28: 94.5%
Classes with the Highest Attendance Rate (Over 95%) for the Week of 4/24-4/28:
- Mrs. Ott - 100% - PERFECT ATTENDANCE!!!
- Mrs. White - 98.0%
- Ms. Radford - 97.6%
- Mrs. Veillon - 97.0%
- Mrs. Bush - 96.7%
- Mrs. Kirk - 96.4%
- Mrs. Lehmann - 96.0%
- Mrs. Thorp - 95.7%
- Mrs. Christian - 95.6%
- Mrs. Robison - 95.6%
- Mrs. Herzog - 95.0%
- Mrs. Moore - 95.0%
Staff Shout Outs
You can also submit names straight to the district. Visit Montgomery ISD's Let's Talk tab on the district website https://bit.ly/3xad64c and use the "Share a Positive Story/MISD Shout Out" topic to share something great this educator has done to demonstrate a culture of respect.
***School Lunch Hero Appreciation Week***
Monday, May 1:
- School Principals' Day
Tuesday, May 2:
- 5th Grade Math STAAR, Closed Campus to Visitors (Make-Ups 5/3-5/12)
- Kdg/1st Gr. GT Field Trip
Wednesday, May 3:
- 4th Grade Math STAAR, Closed Campus to Visitors (Make-Ups 5/4-5/12)
Thursday, May 4:
- 3rd Grade Math STAAR, Closed Campus to Visitors (Make-Ups 5/5-5/12)
- 4th Grade GT Field Trip
Friday, May 5:
- PTO Meeting 9:00
- Wear Your Spirit Wear
- Week of 5/8: Teacher Appreciation Week
- 5/10: National School Nurses' Day
- 5/11: 4th Grade Field Trip
- 5/12: Lincoln's 5-Year Celebration and Pep Rally
- 5/15: 5th Grade GT Field Trip
- 5/16: 4th/5th Choir Show - 6:00 pm
- 5/18: Early Enrollment Students - Newcomer Event 5:00-6:00 pm
- 5/18: Speech Pathologists Day
- 5/19: Battle of the Books
- 5/19: 3rd Grade Field Trip
- 5/22: MHS Senior Walk
- 5/25: Kindergarten Graduation/Step Up Ceremony 9:00 am - More Info to Come in May
- 5/25: 5th Grade Clap Out/Step Up Ceremony 2:00 pm - More Info to Come in May
- 5/25: No Lunch Visitors Due to Classroom Picnic Lunches
- 5/26: Classroom Awards (PK, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th) - More Info to Come in May
- PK - 11:30 am
- 1st - 12:30 pm
- 2nd - 9:45 am
- 3rd - 10:30 am
- 4th - 11:30 am
- 5/26: Last Day of School
Lunch visitors who are on a child's emergency contact list are welcome to eat with that child on the stage during the student's lunch period. Visitors will need to check in at the front office with their ID and get a visitor badge. Please do not invite other students to join you or provide food or snacks for other students. When lunch is over, all students will line up with their class. Visitors will return to the front office to turn in their visitor badge.
A friendly reminder, we do not have an open lunch policy so please do not order food for your child from outside vendors to be delivered to the school during the school day (i.e. Uber Eats, Grub Hub, Door Dash, or any kind of delivery service). This becomes a safety concern when staff need to leave the front office to deliver food to students or take their focus off of families who have business in the office. Food deliveries also increase the number of unfamiliar people entering the building. Additionally, our lunch times are very tight and do not allow for late deliveries. We cannot allow for learning to be disrupted by early or late food deliveries. Thank you for understanding our focus on safety and uninterrupted instructional time.
- Pre-K - 10:40-11:10
- Kindergarten - 11:15-11:45
- 1st Grade - 10:45-11:15
- 2nd Grade - 12:15-12:45
- 3rd Grade - 11:35-12:05
- 4th Grade - 11:55-12:25
- 5th Grade - 12:35-1:05
School Hours, Attendance and Tardies
- Doors open at 7:50
- Tardy bell rings, and class begins at 8:15. (This is the time students are expected to be in their seats in the classroom.)
- School day ends at 3:40
We are working hard to maximize each and every minute our students are here. Students who arrive after 8:15 are considered tardy and will need to be walked into the front door of the building and signed in by a parent or guardian. If your child needs to leave early, they may be checked out through the front office by a parent or guardian.
Changes in transportation need to be made prior to 2:00 in order to allow time for the messages to be communicated with the appropriate staff member. To request a change of transportation, either
- Send a note with your child,
- Email LincolnElementaryTransit@misd.org with the note and a copy of your driver's license, or
- Come to the school with a copy of your driver's license.
Location: 700 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Dr, Montgomery, TX, USA
Phone: (936) 276-4700