Winter Dates to Remember - See more details below*
Also, check out the website (http://les.hsd.ca) regularly for UPCOMING EVENTS.
Click on VIEW ALL EVENTS>>
Nov. 21: LOCK DOWN DRILL; there will be a notice going home with more details.
Nov. 24 (Friday): Report Cards go out
Nov. 28 (Tuesday): Some kindergarten parent interviews; check your appointment on the sheet sent home by Mrs. Ens.
Nov. 29 (Wednesday) : Some grade 5 and/or 6 parent interviews; check your appointment times in your child(ren)'s report card(s).
Nov. 30 (Thursday): Parent Teacher Interviews; check for your appointment times in your child(ren)'s report card(s) or, if in kindergarten, the sheet sent home by Mrs. Ens.
Nov. 30 (Thursday): Immunizations for all grade 6 students
Dec. 1 - 18: WE CAMPAIGN: Tache Food Drive
Dec. 19 (Tuesday): K - 4 Christmas Concert; Dress rehearsal at 2:00 pm- guests welcome. Evening performance 7:00 pm.
Dec. 25 - Jan. 5: Christmas Break
Feb. 2 (Friday): Teacher PD Day - NO CLASSES
Feb. 5 - 9: Kindergarten Registration week for Fall 2018
Feb. 6 (Tuesday): Students presenting at the HSD Board Meeting
Feb. 6 - 8: Scholastic Book Fair
Feb. 8 (Thursday): Author, Sigmund Brouwer, assembly, grade 5 and 6 student workshops, and Parent Night.
Feb. 19 (Monday): Louis Riel Day - NO CLASSES
Feb. 23 (Friday): HTA PD Day - NO CLASSES
Mar. 9 (Friday): Teacher Admin Day (Report Card Prep) - NO CLASSES
Mar. 26-30: SPRING BREAK
Enjoying the Nature Playground
- NATURE PLAYGROUND: Work has begun on our nature playground.
- TACHE FOOD BANK: LES is participating in the food hamper drive from December 1 - 18. We will be collecting non-perishable food items, soaps and cash donations.
- CLUBS and LUNCH TIME ACTIVITIES: Intramurals are well underway, and the board game club has also been meeting regularly. Crochet club, Christmas Craft Club and POLAR BEAR CLUB sign ups will be coming out soon and, as the weather gets colder, more clubs will be made available for students.
- REMEMBER: NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS ON THE FOLLOWING DATES: Christmas Break: Monday, December 25 - Friday, January 5; Friday, February 2 (PD DAY), Monday, February 19 (Louis Riel Day); Friday, February 23 - HSD Teacher PD Day; Friday, March 9 Report Card Prep Day.
- Lost and Found: Did your child lose a coat? How about a lunch box? Make sure they check lost and found first! The lost and found will be emptied on the last day of each month. All items left will be donated to charity. CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO SEE A VIDEO OF THE LOST AND FOUND ITEMS! Maybe you will recognize something ....
LOST AND FOUND... Check it out, right here, right now...
COMING SOON: Landmark Child Care, Inc.
Due to infamous 'red tape', the opening of Landmark Child Care, Inc. has been delayed but the day is coming when it will be operating a before and after school program IN Landmark Elementary School. The projected date is now sometime in early January. This program is available to all children who attend LES whose parents are looking for before and/or after school child care. Contact Sherry Quach at LandmarkChildCareInc@gmail.com for more details, costs, etc.
SOUTHERN HEALTH: BITS AND BITES NUTRITION NEWSLETTER
Check out our website http://les.hsd.ca for a quick link to this informative newsletter. The topic currently on our site is focused on parent role models of healthy eating.
LES Christmas Concert- A Celebration of Light
Tuesday, Dec. 19th, 7pm
Prairie Rose Church
WEATHER RELATED SCHOOL CLOSURE
In rare cases when Hanover School Division cancels classes due to weather and/or road conditions, families are now notified by an automatic phone call system unless you have requested to NOT receive that phone call. School closure information, as well as bus delays, are posted on the HSD website (www.hsd.ca).
In addition, there are radio announcements. It is VERY IMPORTANT that parents check for school closures. Due to consideration of unions and workplace safety, there will no longer be anyone at the schools on school closure days. Also, there will NOT be a sign outside the school to let you know that schools are closed. Unfortunately, if students arrive at the school on a school closure day, there will be no way for them to contact parents.