Mercury & Earth
By: Shamorie & Cortaisha
》Earth & Mercury《
Earth is the 3rd planet from the earth
Mercury is right beside the sun .
Earth & Mercury
The Two Things Mercury and Earth Have In Common Is That They Are Both Rocky and Also Niether Of Them Have A Ring .
☆Earth && Mercury☆
2. Mercury has a magnetic fieldDuring its closest flyby, Mariner 10 detected a faint magnetic field around Mercury.
3. There might be ice on MercuryI know, this one’s hard to believe, since Mercury is so close to the Sun, and it’s baking hot.
4. You can see Mercury with your own eyesMercury is actually a difficult planet to observe.
5. We have known about Mercury for millenniaUnlike Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto, which were discovered in the last few hundred years, ancient peoples have known about Mercury for thousands of years.
6. Mercury has an atmosphereMercury is so small that it has too little gravity to hold an atmosphere like Earth or Venus.
7. It has the most eccentric orbit of all the planets Now that Pluto is no longer a planet, Mercury takes the record for the most eccentric orbit.
8. The orbit of Mercury helped prove Einstein’s theories of relativity As astronomers got more and more accurate instruments, and a way to mathematically describe the motions of the planets, they realized there was something wrong with Mercury’s movements around the Earth.
9. Hubble can’t look at Mercury at all the Hubble Space Telescope has never been used to observe Mercury, and it never will be.
10. Spacecraft are on their way as we mentioned above, NASA’s MESSENGER spacecraft is already on its way to Mercury.
2. "Mercury Compared to Earth." Universe Today RSS. N.p., n.d. Web. 10 Jan. 2014.