Panda PAWS 2.1
September 27-October 1, 2021
Important Events for the Week:
PK 4 BOY CIRCLE Assessment Window: September 27-October 8
- Model PLC Mondays: Jeans for Staff
- 1st day of the 2nd 6 Weeks
- Well-deserved Wednesday: Jeans for Staff
- 11:00 Admin Team Meeting (Zoom)
- 1:00 PK 4 & ECSE IEP Meeting Room 118
- Report Card Day: parents log into HAC or Teachers send electronically. (please do not print them)
- Spirit Day or Jeans w/College shirts
- #EveryPandaEveryDay Prizes go home with all students
Ashley's AS Schedule for the Week:
Monday - Kinkeade
Tuesday - Pierce
Wednesday - Pierce
Friday - Clifton
PD Day: October 7
8:00-9:30 in the Cafe
- Collaborative Team Time
Reminder: This is not a work day for Teachers.
Parent Conference Day: October 8
- Please hold parent conferences virtually. Phone conferences are adequate, but virtual is perferred.
- Please use the day to hold as many conferences as possible. This is not a day to work in your rooms.
- If parents are not available on October 8, you have until October 29 to complete your parent conferences (please do not use instructional time for parent conferences).
- Please keep documentation of your conferences. Forms can be obtained from your Team Leader.
- You will submit your forms to Mrs. Gonzales by October 29 electronically.
Please let us know if you have questions!
Have you visited the AllthingsPLC website?
This website is full of free resources to help you find research and grow as a professional in the PLC process. Below is an article the helps confirm what we learned with Cassandra Erkens last week in our PK4 session:
Conscious Discipline Update
Congratulations to our September Row Boat Award Winners!
Fun at the Irving HS HOCO parade!
From Cristal Alonso:
Ms. Garcia- muchas gracias por todo lo que haces! No podia ser nada sin ti
Imelda-thank you for helping out while I am not there
Lauren-thank you for lunch!
Chavira-thank you for always being there
Gloria- you are the best!!
Lazo-sorry I forgot about you
Li- I can't thank you enough for your help
From Jennifer Dickson:
Thank you to our IA's who have been flying solo while our Teachers are in Purposeful Planning and PLC Coaching.
Thank you to all of our Teachers for your thoughtful and deep conversations during our work last week with Cassandra Erkens. I'm so proud of our team!
Shout out to Ashley Boysen for running her first round of Purposeful Planning on all 3 EC Campuses! You are doing a great job. Thank you for your support!
Shout out to Lupe for literally running in the parking lot to chase down the locksmith. Too bad you didn't catch him, but MAN! You are so dedicated to our campus! :)
From Karen Nichols:
Shout out to Jennifer Dickson for my surprise on Wednesday afternoon-it was much appreciated!
Shout out to Nadya for all her help with calling parents and translating for me-couldn’t do it without your help.