The Greendell Gosling Flyer
February 28, 2022
Dear Greendell Families,
It was so nice to see the sunshine this weekend after the cold mornings we have had the last couple of weeks. The children have been having lots of fun at school with Valentine's celebrations and our Young Athletes practice. We are looking forward to an afternoon visit from Animal Assisted Happiness this week.
There is a lot going on in the world and I know many of us are watching what is happening in Ukraine. We need to be mindful that our children may see what we are watching and it can be very upsetting to young children. The images and news reports are not developmentally appropriate for our young students. For older children, there are resources available to help parents choose news sources that are age appropriate. Please reach out if you are interested in learning more and I can connect families to these resources.
Young Athletes Program - Special Olympics
Coach Malcolm sets up the obstacle course for our Young Athletes practice
A big thank you to Coaches Angel and Malcolm for making our Young Athletes practice so much fun for all the children! We can't wait until our next practice!
Greendell School Site Council Meeting - February
Greendell School T-Shirts
Mark Your Calendars
- Wednesday, February 23rd - Weekly practices began for students for our annual Young Athletes Day - Special Olympics
- Friday, March 11th - PAUSD Professional Development Day - NO SCHOOL for students
- Monday, March 14th - Local Holiday - NO SCHOOL
- Wednesday, March 23rd - Greendell Young Athletes Day - Special Olympics
- Wednesday, April 13th - Online Parent Education Session: Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion: How Parents Can Raise JEDI’s.
Parent Education Session Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion: How Parents Can Raise JEDI’s.
Wednesday, April 13th, 6:30pm
This is an online event.
The parent education session will focus on teaching our children to recognize and challenge stereotypes and bias and provide opportunities to practice JEDI principles (justice, equity, diversity and inclusion).
Please RSVP below to let us know that you will be attending this event.
I hope to see you there!
RSVPs are enabled for this event.