Kicking Off the 2018-2019 School Year!
Just a few reminders:
- Anytime you are coming to the school please bring your photo identification
- If you are using the car/van pick up line remember that Cherrix is a two-way street and you need to wait in the line even if you are going around.
- If you are picking up your child early from school, please send in a note in the morning.
- If there are any changes in dismissal the person picking up must by on the emergency card that you filled out at the start of the year. We will not dismiss unless the person has photo identification and are on the card.
Parade To Success
Five to Thrive
Here is a link to a few simple tips you can use at home. Thank you Mr. John Lestino for the great find! You can press play and listen or just read along.
Follow us on Twitter @MES_EPTSD
We look forward to seeing you there!
Grade Level News
We strive to foster the home school connection and would love to share some tips for what you can do at home to support the learning going on in the classroom. Please see below.
Little Free Library
We welcome all languages in new and gently used condition. We want to make books accessible to ALL of our students. Can you help? Send them into the main office and we will take care of the rest!
Social and Emotional Learning Corner
Social and Emotional Development
When you miss school, you miss out, and we miss you!
4th Annual Jump Into Reading
A flyer and log will be copied for each student. I encourage you all to participate and to help further develop our students love of reading! See me with any questions.
See the link below for more details.
NJ's 3rd Congressional Reading Challenge
The District Reading Challenge was created to encourage students in New Jersey's Third Congressional District to read in their free time. With so many distractions and commitments facing kids these days, a focus on reading is important and we want to challenge the kids in NJ's 3rd District to start the school year off right! This reading challenge will be open to all students and can be easily managed through this site.
- Participating students must read and complete the online form below for three books before the March 22nd deadline
- The contest starts at the beginning of the school year and ends on March 22, 2019 - All forms must be submitted by March 22 to be an eligible participant in the contest
How to begin:
- Start Reading!
- Complete the form provided and answer questions for each book read
- Each child who meets the criteria outlined above will receive a Congressional Certificate from Congressman MacArthur
Smoking Prohibited On School Grounds
Attention parents of preschool children
Does your child have difficulty in one or more of the following areas:
Hearing - Seeing - Talking - Listening - Sitting - Standing - Walking - Running - Feeding One Self
Toilet Training - Socializing
The school district offers FREE PROGRAMS to preschool handicapped children. To be eligible a child must be 3-5 years old and qualify for services. Children under 3 may be served by early intervention programs. We believe the sooner a child's special needs can be determined, the better that child's chances to receive an appropriate education and develop his/her potential.
Call Child Study Team 609-877-1663
A Look at Upcoming dates
October 2nd -- Custodial appreciation Day
October 8th -- School closed for students
October 16th -- BOE meeting at Ridgway 6:30pm
October 17th -- Magowan Picture Days Prek, k, 1
October 18th -- Magowan Picture Days- 2, 3, 4
October 22nd. -- PTO meeting at Ridgway 6:30pm
October 24th-30th -- Book Fair During your child's scheduled time
October 24th -- Public Works sponsored Sustainability assembly
October 24th-- ESL Parent class
October 29th -- Treat Trail / Book Fair family night 6-8pm
October 31st-- Fall Parade 2:15pm