Tech Tips #14
Week of January 20, 2014
What Is It?
Students DO NOT need an account to use. No usernames and/or passwords are required!
All results can be emailed as an Excel spreadsheet to the teacher's email address.
What Makes It Unique?
- A quick, paper-free pulse-check for the end of class.
- All answers are aggregated into a report.
- Teams of students answer multiple choice questions in a fast-paced rocket race game. The first team to get their rocket across the screen wins.
- Teacher receives a graded report based on responses.
How Does It Work?
- Teacher will login or create an account at http://m.socrative.com/lecturer
- Students will go to http://m.socrative.com/student on their web-enabled device.
- Teacher will give Room Number to students (located on right of main screen).
- Students will enter the Room Number (given by the teacher).
NOTE: Students will enter their name once assessments are sent.
- Teacher will begin using Socrative with students through Single Question Activities (questions on the fly) or through Quiz-Based Activities.
Five Classroom Uses
- Math - Students can submit their response to a warm-up problem at the beginning of class.
- Social Studies - Have students submit a summary of a current event.
- ELA - Ask students to submit their inference from a body of text.
- Science - Students can submit their hypothesis for an experiment.
- All Content Areas - Have students compete in a Space Race review game based on a pre-made quiz prior to a test or exam.
GCCISD Educational Technology
We are here to help! Contact us!
Lori Roberts - REL Feeder Ed Tech Specialist
Regina Rogers - GCM Feeder Ed Tech Specialist
Robyn Sewell - RSS Feeder Ed Tech Specialist