Veterans Day: Important Information
FRIDAY, November 9th, 2018
We Are Ready to Honor Our Veterans!
The Stonegate students and staff look forward to celebrating our American heroes on FRIDAY, November 9*, 2018
Our program will begin promptly at 9:30 AM in our SGE Gymnasium.
*SGE's Veterans Day program will be the Friday before the actual calendar date of Veterans Day (November 11th) due to this date falling on a Sunday.
*NEW!* VETERANS APPRECIATION WALK
As our Veterans enter the building through door #10 (parking and entrance details below), we respectfully request they all please enter our music room prior to the start of our program. There will be light refreshments, drinks, and chairs in this area. The music room is located right by door #10.
At 9:30, a few students and staff will signal our honored guests to please make a line as they exit this room. They will be escorted into our gymnasium for an APPRECIATION WALK at the start of our program.
WHAT IS THE APPRECIATION WALK? We will have a few classrooms lined up in an aisle-way formation for our Veterans to walk down right as they enter the gymnasium. Patriotic tunes and students waving flags will greet our Veterans as a way to immediately recognize them and thank them for their service. This will also allow our students to have a better view of our special guests. Our Veterans will be led to a reserved seating area at the end of our Appreciation Walk. Bleachers and chairs will be available in this reserved area.
This is optional, but we do hope many of our Veterans will choose to enter this way so we can start off by celebrating their tremendous duty to our nation!
Parking and Entrance Information
- Please park in our back bus lot
- Please do NOT arrive any earlier than 9:00 AM.
- Our KDG students arrive by car in this same back lot at 8:50 AM.
- For security reasons, we are requesting everyone enter through Door #10 only, please.
- Door #10 is the closest door to our gymnasium.
- This entrance guarantees the least number of steps from door to gym.
Waiting Area for Veterans (optional, but encouraged)
- As noted above for our Appreciation Walk, once families and Veterans arrive, we encourage our Veterans to please wait in our music room so they can be a part of this Appreciation Walk at the start of our program! THANK YOU!
Visitor Check-In System for Veterans Day Celebration
#1 - ATTENDING OUR PROGRAM AND THEN LEAVING THE BUILDING?
- Checking-in is not necessary if you plan to attend our program, and once it is over, you elect to exit the building without visiting any other parts of the school (i.e., going to your loved one's classroom).
#2 - PLANNING TO STAY IN THE BUILDING?
- Please pre-register here! After the program, you can go to the main office to receive a "pre-registered" visitor sticker.
***DON'T FORGET, IF YOU ARE VOLUNTEERING IN THE CLASSROOM, YOU MUST HAVE A FULL BACKGROUND CHECK!***