We need to stop Water Pollution!!!
By: Brianna Smith
Water pollution in Iowa
- Poorly managing animal feeding operations
- Overworking the land (for example, plowing too often)
- Poorly managing pesticides, irrigation water, and fertilizers
Water Pollution effects our health
These are some of the diseases you can get from contaminated water
- Liver Damage
- Kidney Damage
- Hepatitis A
- E. Coli
Do you want to get sick?
- Do not pour toxic chemicals down the drain, in the toilet or on the ground. Dispose of them at a hazardous waste collection center
- Don't dump garbage in lakes, rivers, streams, ponds or ditches
- Use less fertilizers and pesticides
- Don't litter
- Reduce the amount of water you use
- Reuse water
- Recycle what can be recycled so the garbage doesn't end up in lakes ,streams and rivers
"Data Shows Nitrates Higher but Improving in Iowa Rivers." Des Moines Register. Gannett Company, 13 Apr. 2015. Web. 13 Apr. 2015.
Meeks, Linda Brower., Philip Heit, and Randy M. Page. "Lesson 57 Preventing Air and Water Pollution." Health & Wellness. New York: McGraw-Hill/Glencoe, 2008. 607-10. Print.
"Pollution." WorldWildlife.org. World Wildlife Fund, n.d. Web. 09 Apr. 2015.
"Water Contamination." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 10 Mar. 2010. Web. 03 Apr. 2015.