Center Community Chat
March 21, 2021
Dear Families and Staff,
It was fun week at Center with students and staff showing their spirit in various ways each day. This week starts in person learning on Wednesday.Cohort A will be coming into school on 3/24.
Please note that the school day will end at 1PM the next two Wednesdays, 3/24 and 3/31. Students will not log on in the afternoon and will not have special subject classes on these days. This allow our staff to prepare for the return of students on April 5th.
Square1 Art Deadline Extended!
Forgot to do a Square1 Art submission? It’s not too late! The Square1 Art upload & order deadline has been extended to Friday, April 20th. And as a BONUS, orders will ship in time for Mother's Day delivery!! So celebrate Spring by nurturing the kids' creativity, and support our school at the same time!
It's just Three Easy Steps to can create an enduring art keepsake:
Pool testing is going smoothly and takes very little time to participate, students are in and out of their class in less than 3 minutes. There is still time to sign-up and students may join pool tests on a rolling basis. Please access the voluntary consent form to provide permission for your child(ren) to be tested at school.
Attention 4th grade parents
All grade 4 students need to select an arts block for grade 5 in April. To support grade 4 students as they prepare to make their arts block selection this April, the middle school music faculty and Dr. Whittlesey will be holding a parent information night on March 25 (incoming McCarthy at 6:00/incoming Parker at 7:00). Please watch this slideshow for more information.
Keep moving in March. The warmer weather appears to be here, get outside to enjoy it and log those points. Center is currently in 3rd place, behind South Row & Byam in the movement challenge.
Rotating in-person learning on Wednesdays, beginning March 24th
The addition of Wednesday as a ½ in-person day, rotating cohorts, will still be implemented as planned, beginning Wednesday, March 24, 2021. The first week of implementation will have students in Cohort A in-person on Monday (3/22), Tuesday (3/23), and Wednesday (3/24). Students in Cohort B will attend in-person on Thursday (3/25) and Friday (3/26). The second week, students in Cohort A will attend in-person on Monday (3/29) and Tuesday (3/30). Students in Cohort B will attend in-person on Wednesday (3/31) and Thursday (4/1). There is no school on Good Friday, April 2, 2021.
- Changes to MCAS dates- The state has changed the MCAS assessment window to May 10- June 11.
Dianna & Donna
Let's Keep Moving in March!
Spirit Week Fun
4C mismatched socks for Global Down Syndrome Awareness Day
Notes from the Nurse
We kindly ask you to follow this progression which will help us best support and assist our students and families.
- If your student is having difficulty logging into Clever or their Google Classroom, be sure they signing in with their Chelmsford email address that ends in @cpslions.com
- Watch & Read instructional videos and directions contained in the Tech Tips document (a link to this is below)
- Submit a request for assistance through IIQ(formerly the helpdesk) https://chelmsford.incidentiq.com/guest/TKHNDKXH/parent-support#top
- Your child's teacher will try to assist you but be mindful that they are also trying to provide instruction to about 20 other students, so please try the steps above to limit interruptions to learning.