UPE News Update
November 20, 2020
On Monday, November 30, elementary students will be continuing in the hybrid instructional model at Ute Pass Elementary. We are excited to announce we have developed strategies that allow for additional human resources at both schools and provide more consistency in the event of a cohort (class) needing to be quarantined.
A new schedule for Hybrid has been developed that will fortify existing health protections for teachers and students, reduce the disruption of staff absences due to quarantines, and bring deepening focus and coherence to our learning time in the Pandemic. In Person learning is worth it - your children are learning and growing as a result of our efforts to maintain this learning so far.
Safety remains a primary concern: We will continue to monitor and assess at both the school/district level, city, and county. If we need to move to remote learning, we will.
I hope that each of you has a great Thanksgiving Holiday—spending time with your loved ones, resting and restoring, playing and enjoying the great outdoors.
With tremendous thankfulness for each of you,
Children who do not participate in Remote Learning or At Home Learning activities assigned by their teachers are marked “absent.” Repeated absences have impacts on learning and result in a child receiving a “truant” status.
DATES TO REMEMBER
30 - Continue Hybrid Model Cohort # 1 Mon./Tues. and Cohort #2 Thurs./Friday
2 - Students at Home/Teacher Work Day
9 - Students at Home/Teacher Work Day
16 -Students at Home/Teacher Work Day
21 - January 7 - Winter Break
FROM THE ART ROOM
GIFT A BOOK TO OUR SCHOOL LIBRARY
Cleaning out your bookshelves? Doing some holiday shopping? UPES Library would love to receive your donations or, please consider purchasing one of these book titles below to donate to our library! Your family's name will be featured on a bookplate with any book you donate to our library!
Students cannot wait to get their hands on more books!
Here is what the students are asking for:
- The Mysterious Benedict Society #1 by Trenton Lee Stewart
- Scat by Carl Haissan
- Belly Up by Stuart Gibbs (all titles needed)
- Max’s Story by W. Bruce Cameron (all A Dog’s Purpose Puppy Tale series needed)
- Elephant and Piggie by Mo Willems (all titles needed)
Elephant and Piggie Book 1 Purchased and donated to the school - Thank you!
- Stick Dog by Tom Watson (all titles needed)
- Pete the Cat by Eric Litwin and James Dean (all titles needed)
- Who Was Martin Luther King Jr.? (all Who Was series, various authors)
- How to Train a Dragon by Cressinda Cowell (all titles needed)
- Swing it Sunny by Jennifer and Matthew Holm (all titles needed)
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney (more copies of all titles needed)
- 13 Story Treehouse by Andy Griffiths (all titles needed)
- Cosentino by Jack Heath (all titles needed)
- Bad Guys by Aaron Blabey (all titles needed)
- Pig the Pug by Aaron Blabey (all titles needed)
- The Penderwicks by Jane Birdsall (all titles needed)
Or if you have new or like-new books that kids will love to read, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the book title, author and a brief description.
YOU CAN NOW SCAN YOUR BOXTOPS FROM YOUR RECEIPTS!
This is where you find the latest information about our school community.