A newsletter for Alta Vista Staff~Week of March 18, 2019
Don't Forget! Next Week's Calendar
- Spring Break Academy during week of March 11-15
- Staff PD on Monday, March 18. See schedule HERE
- Blended Learning Committee Meeting on Monday, March 18 at 4:30 pm at Admin Building (Register in Eduphoria)
- Lunch & Learn on Wednesday, March 20 during your lunch time in conference room
- Faculty Meeting on Wednesday, March 20
- Math PLC on Thursday, March 21
- Blended Learning Training: Creating Meaningful Learning Experiences on Thursday, March 21 at 4:30 pm (Register in Eduphoria)
- Gr 4-5 Friendship Lunch on Friday, March 23 at Lunch (Rawles & Palmers' Classrooms)
Please complete our Campus Needs Assessment Survey HERE. Your input is very valuable to us in planning for the next school year.
Coming Up: STAAR Security Training next Wednesday 3/27 at Faculty Meeting (VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU ATTEND); Campus Mock STAAR Reading (Gr 3-4) on Tuesday 3/26
March 18 Professional Development
- Student work samples (agree as a team what to bring)
- Upcoming unit assessment
- Previous unit assessment data (if applicable)
- Examples of what you are doing for fractions or measurement to go on our vertical alignment charts (1 per grade)
From Your Captain
You made it! Congratulations, we have made it to spring break. Enjoy your week and be ready for the fast paced spring ahead. It will go by very fast.
We know that as we head into spring, students are often up later and more things going on at home and in their neighborhoods. It is very important that we are very vigilant with monitoring students.
More importantly, continue to have your class meetings and help students make positive connections with one another. Also, make sure you are taking care of yourself. I know we get busy but make sure you are taking time so that you can then be at your best to help your students and your own family.
Job Fair & Early Resignation
If you are not planning to return to Alta Vista for the next school year, it would be helpful to complete the early resignation so that we can being the hiring process in order to grab the best candidates. You are welcome and encouraged to come talk to Mrs. Logan if you have any questions or concerns.
TELPAS Update & Deadlines
HOLISTIC RATING WINDOW opens from March 19th- 27th
• Get student folders from Mrs. Alvarado during your conference time. You may rate your students’ writing in our office or take it back to your classroom.
• If you choose to take your folders back to your classroom, they need to be secured like STAAR materials(locked in a cabinet if you leave the room, can not be left on your desk unsupervised). They MUST be brought back to our office at the end of your conference period.
• If you would like to rate after school, let Mrs. Alvarado know. Folders must be returned by 4:30 PM.
***If you have any questions, please let Mrs. Alvarado know.***
504 & RtI
Mrs. Helton will be finalizing STAAR accommodations (Gr 4 Writing & Gr 5 Math/Reading) for RtI students by Friday, March 8. You will receive an email before then to verify.
Please reinforce our MOST IMPORTANT SCHOOL AGREEMENT: Be Safe! My job it to keep you safe and your job is to keep the school safe.
Check out March Morning Meeting plans HERE. Send Mrs. Helton a picture of your Class Poster with Ideas for Solving Problems to earn House Points!
You can view the lesson HERE.
Staff Members of the Week!
Congratulations to Ms. Picazo for being our TEACHER OF THE WEEK for always going the extra mile to help with any that is asked and making sure her students are always making progress towards their learning goals.
Nonfiction Reading Lessons
RESOURCE OF THE WEEK
8 Ways to Find Anything In Google Drive
If you are like me, you are constantly forgetting where you saved something on Google Drive or even what you named it (true story). Here are 8 tips on how to find anything in your Google Drive folder.