St. George Episcopal Lower School
- December 14 - Christmas program rehearsals
- December 15 - Christmas program rehearsals, Happy Birthday, Dave!
- December 16 - Christmas program rehearsals, No Faculty Meeting!!
- December 17 - Christmas programs: JK/SK at 9 am, 1st-2nd at 10:30 am, 3rd-5th at 1:30 pm
- December 18 - Advent Eucharist at 8:30, End of 3rd 6 Weeks, Christmas parties, Early Dismissal, NO EXTENDED CARE AFTER SCHOOL (tell parents please), Happy Birthday Laura Meiske!
- December 21 - January 1 - Christmas Break
- December 27 - Happy Birthday Jean!
- January 4 - Modification letters due to Yvonne
- January 5 - Grades to Melissa, Modification letters to due Sam
- Be on time. Whether you are a specialist or a classroom teacher, please be punctual.
- Classroom teachers - If you are using a specific behavior management plan with individual students, please send the specialists a note detailing the plan. Students who need this extra help also need consistency and, if we are using the same plan across all courses, it will be much more effective.
- Please make sure that you are always keeping your doors locked.
Some Great Things I Saw This Week:
- The 2nd grade teachers are once again putting some recruits through Elf Training and seem to be having a pretty good time doing it.
- There are beautiful decorations everywhere which help us all to really feel the Christmas spirit at St. George.
- Doug, Marti, and Fred graciously rearranged their schedules so that all classroom teachers would not miss their PE classes during the busy week before Christmas.
- Keith also gave classroom teachers a gift of time when he modified the number of teachers who will be monitoring program rehearsals that same week.
- Many teachers enjoyed decorating cookies and spending a few hours talking about everything but students. It was a really fun time!
- Cindy and Alison are really doing a great job with the 4th and 5th grade Math Olympiad teams.
- Teri stepped right up and covered for a teacher who had to unexpectedly leave early one day.
- Lily pinch hit for me on Friday and made sure that the Saint Nick shoe event went off without a hitch.
- There are several of you who are spending a lot of extra time working with especially needy students and I appreciate and respect your professionalism. I know that it takes a lot of effort to redirect, record, and communicate each and every behavior you see, but your willingness to go the extra mile for these children is indicative of why so many parents and teachers love St. George so much. Please know that your efforts are noticed.
- I was able to come into many of your classrooms this week and I am grateful that you are all so accommodating. Thanks for letting me come and spend some time with the kids.