Nuclear Fusion Press Release
BY: Anna Beckom- 16.7
- Release Date: December 7th, 2015
- My name is Anna Beckom, and throughout my research I have learned the Who, What, Where, When, How, and Why of Nuclear Fusion
What is Nuclear Fusion??
- Production of Energy: Nuclear fusion is when two light atoms bond together, or fuse, to make a heavier one. These light atoms come from the Sun which heats up the atoms.
- Fusion vs. Fission: On the other and there is Nuclear fission which splits (instead of bonding them as Fusion does) atoms created energy used in power plants.
- Safety Concerns: Though Nuclear Fusion can produce lots of energy right now no one has been able to safely utilize this energy.
- Economic Impact: Not only can Nuclear Fusion not be utilized safely when it can be controlled it is very costly.
- Planning for the future of Nuclear Fusion: One project for the future of Nuclear Fusion is powering the space shuttles NASA sends up to explore. This will help various missions.