Red River Valley Charter School
100% Online Learning sill Continue
Hello RRVCS Families & Friends
Last night, the Governing Council (GC) and the administrative team voted unanimously for RRVCS continue in a 100% remote learning environment through the end of the semester, with a tentative return date to some sort of in-person or hybrid learning on Tuesday, January 19th (the 2nd week of 2nd semester). The school calendar is attached to this email for ease of reference.
There were many considerations that led to the decision, and I want to thank parents and staff members who were present for the meeting last night and heard the discussion on these very important matters.
- The continuation of working toward the minimum building readiness requirements for reopening in a hybrid model. HVAC inspection, management of common areas, cohort group processes, and health office isolation room are still matters to be addressed before a hybrid re-entry.
- Policy and procedure updates as the PED and Governor make changes to mandates and health orders.
- Limitations of maintaining 6 feet of social distance at all times as a minimum standard. This is difficult in our portable buildings. However, on a bright note, we should begin building construction in the spring to replace the portables.
- Public Education Department (PED) and the Governor's office have not yet articulated a timeline for middle school students to physically return to school. At this time, we do not know when middle school students will be allowed to be on campus. Current state guidelines do not allow for middle school students on campus aside from those students on IEPs. We do know that the PED is working on a re-entry tool kit for middle school and high school students and is revamping the elementary toolkit.
- The recent health order and the surge of COVID cases in our communities keeps us cautious as we move forward in our decision making. .
It is understandable that this news will come as a relief to many, but will also further challenges and concerns for a significant proportion of our students, families, and staff members. Our leadership team, the GC, and staff will continue to encourage student and parent feedback to develop solutions to these valid, vital concerns and seek out further information as appropriate. Please do not hesitate to call the school with concerns, ideas, and good news about what is happening in your student's education and social development. My school number is included below.
Be well and know that the all of the staff at RRVCS are here to help your child(ren) experience success during this unusual school year.
Calendar Link Below
Report Card Dates: 10/15/20, 01/15/21, 03/18/21, 05/26/21 Each Quarter ends the end of the week prior to report card distribution.