December 2017 Newsletter
BUILT TO LEAD
Dates to Remember
11/30: Los Fresnos Christmas Parade 5:30
12/4: 3rd & 4th Grade Writing
12/4-12/8: Hour of Code
12/4-12/8: PTA: Penguin Patch Christmas
12/5: Campus Spelling Bee
12/5: Pictures with Santa
12/6: Progress reports sent home
12/9: District EAE
12/11: Principal Coffee Chat 8:00 am
12/12: 2nd-5th Grade Math
12/13: 2nd-5th Grade Reading
12/14: 4th & 5th Science
12/14: Student Picture Retakes
12/14: PTA Chalupa Night 5:30
12/16: District Robotics Event
12/18: PTA Hot Chocolate & Cookies
12/19: Jingle Bell Jukebox…flipside
Musical at 6:00 pm
12/20: Second marking period ends
(School resumes on Monday, 1/8)
Big Brother & Big Sister:
Tuesday & Thursday
Monday & Thursday
Monday & Wednesday
Masterminds Technology Club
Tuesday & Thursday
Tuesday & Wednesday
- Classroom instruction begins at 7:50 am and dismissal is at 3:00 pm.
- Latest dismissal release time from the receptionist area is 2:30 pm.
- Students are encouraged to wear their college shirt every Thursday.
- Attendance contest: Classes with the best attendance in their grade level will earn a yummy snack at the end of the month! We need everyone's help. Our attendance percentage has already dropped for the year. Please send your child to school every day.
- Please remember LRE is a Peanut-free & Nut-free Campus.
- Parents, please schedule your child’s doctor appointments in the afternoon and provide excuses for all absences.
- Parents, please encourage your child to read daily.
- Parents, please remind your children to stay seated on the bus at all times.
National Handwashing Awareness Month
When should I use?
Soap and Water
- Before, during, and after preparing food
- Before eating food
- Before and after caring for someone who is sick
- Before and after treating a cut or wound
- After using the bathroom, changing diapers, or cleaning up a child who has used the bathroom
- After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- After touching an animal, animal food or treats, animal cages, or animal waste
- After touching garbage
- If your hands are visibly dirty or greasy
Alcohol-Based Hand Sanitizer
- Before and after visiting a friend or a loved one in a hospital or nursing home, unless the person is sick with Clostridium difficile (if so, use soap and water to wash hands).
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol, and wash with soap and water as soon as you can.
- Do NOT use hand sanitizer if your hands are visibly dirty or greasy: for example, after gardening, playing outdoors, or after fishing or camping (unless a handwashing station is not available). Wash your hands with soap and water instead.
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
"Think of your family today and every day thereafter, don't let the busy world of today keep you from showing how much you love and appreciate your family."
Our First Million Word Reader!
Congratulations to our first spectacular million word reader, Arantza Rueda. Arantza is a fourth grade student in Ms. Melendez's fourth grade class. Way to go Arantza!
Project Lead The Way Going Strong!
Our first grade students were very excited to present their PLTW projects to the class. We are impressed how our students rise to meet the challenges presented in Project Lead the Way!