Lincoln School News
January 2, 2022
Happy New Year Landshark Nation!
As we welcome in the new year of 2022, we would like to first wish you all health, happiness and contentment as we enter a new year. We hope the time you were able to have off during this break, was spent with family and enjoying new memories made. However, although we relish this time together, we still must be cognisant of COVID and be mindful of our actions and what we are all doing as a community to prevent the spread of this virus as it does impact our families, our school and our community. In lieu of this I am including some updated information and answers to some frequently asked questions to help you and reduce any anxiety you may have.
1. DESE has NOT approved REMOTE learning. All PUBLIC SCHOOLS in MA are open and back to school Monday January 3, 2022. No changes have been made by DESE to this policy.
2. Please report ANY COVID POSITIVE CASES involving your families and our students to the school. You may let the teacher know and they will give the information to our Nurse Meghan, and Administration. We will then contact you to support you with any questions, and provide quarantining-return to school guidelines, based on your particular scenario.
3. If your child has been vaccinated, please provide Nurse Meghan with their updated COVID vaccinations. This helps us to provide you the best the information if your child ends up being a close contact.
3. The quarantining guidelines have been modified to 5 days, from 10.
4. Please see the chart below to help you decide IF you should have your child tested.
5. We are continuing to offer test and stay. Students MUST be signed up and registered for the school to test them. We do recommend this as an option for families to keep students in school, and provide you with valid information to STOP the spread. The sign up link is below.
6. The school continues to be diligent in our cleaning and disinfecting of the building which does include fogging in the evenings.
7. ALL students and staff MUST wear masks unless they are eating or drinking.
8. Anyone entering the building MUST wear a mask.
9. All classrooms have sanitizer, wipes, extra masks and water bottles.
10. Students should NOT be sent to school sick. Please see the chart below to help assist you in determining if they should be tested for COVID or simply kept home due to illness.
11. We are continuing to contact trace when/if there are cases that occur within the Lincoln school community. We HIGHLY encourage you CONNECT with your classroom teacher through the REMIND app. If you are not on the REMIND app, we suggest you reach out again to the teacher to get signed up. They will send you a new request. It is very easy to use and translates into any language, allowing you to write in your native language and the teacher to receive it in English and vice-a versa. The teachers send out very important information regularly through this modality. Please sign up, if you have not already.
We are continuing to recognize our WALL OF FAME students. The children had seats of honor on the stage as their peers were able to clap and celebrate their distinctions. In addition, the children all received certificates, filled pencil boxes and a t-shirt in addition to having their photos hanging in our main lobby. We are so proud of them for ACCEPTING THE CHALLENGE every day by showing their GRIT, DETERMINATION AND PERSEVERANCE! These are all of the qualities we have and will continue to honor and and discuss with our learners as attributes of a LINCOLN LANDSHARK! Although we wish we could have you in to celebrate with us, due to COVID, we are taking this extra precaution and limiting access to the building. We do post all of the pictures of the students online and to our social media.
As a reminder, the students do go outside EVERYDAY, when the weather permits. Please be sure to dress your students with hats, coats, mittens/gloves, as well as shoes/sneakers they can run and play in. Thank you for your assistance with this. The fresh air is good for everyone!
We couldn't do this without you. Thank you for your partnership in our school, with our staff and for our students!
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! We wish you all the Happiest of New Years!
Together in Education,
Mrs. Ginger Coleman, Principal
COVID-19 SIGN-UP Consent for In School Testing REMINDER and Parent letter
Vaccination Clinics for the NEW Vaccine for students age 5 and up at the LINCOLN SCHOOL
Vaccine Clinic REMINDER: MONDAY JANUARY 3 (3:00-5:00)
If you participated in the last vaccination clinic at the Lincoln school, tomorrow January 3rd is the date for your 2nd shot. You were registered previously so nothing new needs to be done.
Here is the most updated Vaccine Clinic list with registration links.
All students 5 and older are eligible to receive the vaccine at these clinics if you are looking for the opportunity to vaccinate your children.
Family members, friends, and community members are also invited and encouraged to get vaccinated at these clinics. You can get your first dose, second dose, or booster dose.
The vaccine is free and you will not be required to show an ID or health insurance in order to receive it.
Anyone under the age of 18 must have the consent form filled out by a legally authorized representative (usually a parent or guardian), and the minor must bring the form with them at the vaccination appointment.
Copies of the consent form in multiple languages may be found at: https://www.mass.gov/lists/covid-19-vaccination-consent-form-for-individuals-ages-5-17.
If the parent or guardian is not accompanying the minor, they must also download and complete a pre-vaccination screening form which is available at: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/downloads/pre-vaccination-screening-form.pdf.
The form is also available in several languages at: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/info-by-product/pfizer/index.html?fbclid=IwAR2BLeHYIPhlTdhxUl-SlOqsj8LXEVrotc1p-2ULVb0wPTCreSvG0Tsh0Mo (approximately halfway down the page you will see the "Pre-Vaccination Screen Form" section).
Also, booster shots are available during the clinic to any individual who qualifies. To check for eligibility, please visit the MDPH COVID-19 Booster Eligibility Checker. More information on booster eligibility can be found at: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-booster-frequently-asked-questions
Additionally, the following conditions must be met to receive a booster dose:
Individuals must have received their second dose of Moderna or Pfizer at least 6 months prior to receiving their booster dose. OR received their initial dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine at least 2 months prior to receiving their booster dose.
Individuals must bring their CDC vaccine card (white card) or have a photo of the vaccination card in order to receive their booster dose.
What are the requirements for quarantining with 5-11 year olds?
Once children ages 5-11 have been fully vaccinated (i.e., 2 weeks following their second vaccine dose), if they are subsequently identified as a close contact and are asymptomatic, they will be exempt from testing and quarantine protocols (including Test and Stay). Vaccinated children who are not close contacts also have a modified list of symptoms to be monitored for, and should follow testing and quarantine response protocols if they are experiencing any of the following: fever (100.0° Fahrenheit or higher), chills, or shaking chills; difficulty breathing or shortness of breath; new loss of taste or smell; or muscle aches or body aches. These individuals may also seek clinical guidance to assess the need for PCR testing if they have other possible symptoms of COVID-19.
From DESE - Duration of Test and Stay: 5 days from the date of exposure
When the 5 days from date of exposure includes weekends or holidays, individuals should quarantine on weekends, and if they remain asymptomatic, upon return to school be tested immediately. If the individual remains negative, they can stay in school.
WE WANT YOUR HELP! GET INVOLVED BY JOINING OUR SCHOOL SITE COUNCIL AND PTO
NEXT MEETING WEDNESDAY JANUARY 5TH AT 3:00 PM
Transportation and Bussing Contacts
IF you are NOT at the bus stop when. the bus arrives, your child will be brought to the:
MOODY SCHOOL, located at: 158 Rogers St., Lowell, MA
Transportation department contact information:
website link to transportation page:https://www.lowell.k12.ma.us/site/Default.aspx?PageID=3552
HEALTH - SAFETY - MEDICATION
Any students who have emergency medications (Epi-Pens, inhalers, etc.) or who will receive medication in school MUST have a medication order from the prescribing physician AND a completed consent form from the City Health Department. Forms and medication can be dropped off to the school nurse on the first day of school. The school nurse cannot administer ANY medications without a physician's order, including over-the-counter medications. Please make sure that the school nurse is provided refills in advance of any medication supply running out.
Please also be sure that the nurse has updated vaccination records. In addition, any absence related to a doctor appointment- please be sure to get a Dr. note, so that we may document it as an excused absence.
MASKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL STAFF-STUDENTS OR PEOPLE ENTERING THE BUILDING
School Calendar and Early Release Schedules
Stay Connected with us!
Principal: Mrs. Coleman: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Principal: Mrs. Branco: email@example.com
We believe in strong home-school connection. So be sure to reach out with any questions we could be of assistance with.