CHIP Preliminary Review
Multnomah County Health Department 2013
Review of Multnomah County Community Health Assessment & Healthy Communities Report
Multnomah County Health Department is preparing to engage the community in a collaborative process to develop a Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP). To inform this process, the Health Department is conducting a review of previously written reports and assessments that will inform the content of the CHIP.
Multnomah County Health Department 2011 Community Health Assessment
Advisory Group: 20 representatives made up an Advisory Group for this Community Health Assessment.
Participating Organizations: 13 organizations made up the Advisory Group, including:
- Government/County Services
- Culturally Specific Organizations
- Academic Institutions
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Modified and conducted four complimentary assessments based on the National Association of County and City Health Officials' Mobilization for Action through Planning and Partnerships Model. These four assessments included: Community Themes and Strengths Assessment, Community Health Status Assessment, Local Public Healthy System Assessment, and Forces of Change Assessment.
- After conducting the assessments and analyzing the findings, the group put together a list of priorities.
- Access to Affordable and Healthy Food
- Community Health Promotion Activities
- Elimination of Institutional Racism and Health Disparities
- Infant Mortality
- Involvement in Public Decision Making
- Poverty, Economic Support & Opportunities
- Promote Healthy Sexuality Across the Lifespan
- Promote Physical Activity
- Strong Sense of Community
- Universal Health Care