TPCA Nifty News
January 7, 2015
Nifty Reminder for This Issue
You MUST Plan to Attend Our "Future of the School" Presentation January 26th
- the support and cooperation of TPCC with the academy
- an update on our current status and growth
- how are all of our completed and in progress studies going
- what did our recent market study reveal for our future
- what is the updated strategic plan for all grades
- Be one of the first to see the architectural plans and model for our new High School facilities
At 7:30 we will offer two optional breakout sessions covering:
- a new 7th/8th grade academic plan for 2015-2016
- results of our recent parent survey
Yes, you read that right: plans, and models, of our new high school facilities! You can't WAIT to be there, yes? Here's your chance to use peer pressure and get all of your TPCA friends to be here, too. Monday, January 26th @ 6: 30 pm...TPCA, Jk Commons.
Biblical Reasons For Sending Children To A Christian School by Wayne Grudem, Ph. D.
Each of the next few issues of Nifty News will include one of the six principles noted by Dr. Grudem. These are often the same thoughts families share with us when moving to Traders, or in other cases in part when leaving Traders for public school. We hope that this series will encourage you in your decision to partner with us in your child's education. Maybe it will also encourage your friends and neighbors who have considered Traders but not yet taken the plunge. Feel free to share Dr. Grudem's thoughts.
Biblical Support of Christian Education Principle #3: Peer influence should be positive and Christ-like
(written by Dr. Wayne Grudem, Ph. D)
Parents sometimes think it helps or strengthens their children to spend much time with children who have different moral standards and goals for life, but God’s Word disagrees and reminds us that children will tend to become more and more like their frequent companions:
“Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm” (Prov. 13:20).
“The fear of the Lord is instruction in wisdom, and humility comes before honor” (Prov. 15:33).
This year we’ve seen the results of good peer influence in our boys’ lives. They’ve picked up from friends at Christian Heritage Academy a deeper concern for prayer, for purity of speech, for missions, for kindness to others, for respect for authority, etc. And in general they’re happier? They love their school. Their education is the kind God wants it to be – and even very young children sense that, although they can’t explain it.
(next issue: Principle #4:Every teacher's pattern of life should be worthy of imitation)
It's Almost Time to Enroll for 2015-2016!
Last month I shared with you how/when you will enroll for this fall. Make sure you get this on your radar to lock in your child's spot in class.
Later this month we will send you an email with instructions and a link to your online re-enrollment packet on Renweb. You simply login between February 1 - March 1 using your RenWeb info, update info for your family (most fields will be pre-populated), provide a few electronic signatures and pay your book/tech fees. Your annual tuition payment contract, immunization updates (as applicable) and such will be with the online packet for you to print, complete and either upload with your online forms or return separately to our office.
What happens if you don't re-enroll between Feb 1 - Mar 1? Fees increase and you run the risk of losing your child's spot in class because we will begin placing new students on March 2.
Our Board of Directors will announce tuition and fees for 2015-2016 later this month, so watch for that information. If you plan to apply for financial aid, please complete your aid application with FACTS through our website by March 1 using your 2014 federal 1040 tax return. Scholarship applications will be accepted beginning March 1 and are also available on our website. You will be notified of aid awards later in March or within 2-3 weeks after submitting a scholarship application.
If you have any questions just contact our admissions staff or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do You Have a Preschooler in Your Home...or know someone else who does?
- those who are already enrolled - come meet your teachers for this fall and check out your child's class-to-come
- prospective families who would like to explore Traders Point for their child's preschool in 2015-2016
This is an event for EVERYONE who has a preschooler. Bring your friends who want to learn more and you can all find out why families flock to TPCA for preschool. For more information contact email@example.com.
What Are Our High School Students Doing in J-Term Now?
- Spanish Immersion trip to Managua, Nicaragua (most 9th/10th grade)
- Life Calling trip to Colorado, Arizona and California (most 11th grade)
- Mission Indy service experience in downtown Indianapolis (mixed grades)
- Student Internships (law, medicine, athletic training to name a few)
It's now Quarter 3 in RenWeb Land
Have We Got A Terrific FREE New Bible "Netflix" Study Tool For You - RightNow Media
Traders Point Christian Church recently provided their congregation with access to a great bible study tool called RightNow Media. As a ministry of TPCC, our school community also has access to use this in classes and as families in your homes to grow personally and to help your children grow in faith. Through TPCC's generosity, you are receiving free access to a huge, streaming, online, access-on-any-device library of over 8,000 video Bible studies, leadership videos and kid's shows.
To sum it up — it’s like the Netflix of Bible study videos. You will have FREE access to thousands of video resources to help you with parenting, marriage, discipleship and more. Take some time to dig into this. It is an amazing tool. All the major Christian authors and leadership minds plus kids videos galore!
With content for all ages and stages of life, additional family members can set up their own accounts as well. Just click here to start watching right away.
Rapid Reminders (things we really want you to remember)
- High school J-Term - Jan 5 - Jan 18 (Nicaragua trip, Mission Indy, Life Calling trip, Internships)
- Re-enrollment for 2015-2016 - February 1 - March 1
- Monday, January 19th - No Classes, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- 2nd Semester Club Sign-ups - Jan 25 - Feb 6
- SpringHill Camp Registration - ongoing
- Future of the School presentation - Monday, January 26th @ 6:30 pm
- Kindergarten Parent Info Panel - Wednesday, January 28th @ 8:45 am, TPCC
- Early Childhood Parent Information Night - Tuesday, February 3rd @ 6:30 pm, TPCC
- K-12 Parent Information Night - Tuesday, February 10th @ 6:30 pm, TPCA
- Using SCRIP gift cards from TPCA and online shopping at smile.amazon.com - now through, like, forever