Erin McKillip, yellow layer #1
Statistics/facts on teen anxiety
-Anxiety affects 40 million adults in the U.S. alone.
- Only about 18% of the population who have anxiety disorders get help which causes them to continually get worse
- Anxiety disorders cost the U.S. alone 42 billion annually.
- Depression and anxiety are linked together so someone who has anxiety may get depression or vice-versa.
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder affects 6.8 million adults
- Women are twice as likely to develop an anxiety disorder than men
- Anxiety disorders affect one in eight kids.
- Children with anxiety disorders at such a young age miss out on important events in their lives and get into substance abuse.
- Anxiety disorders are treatable and most can be helped with professional care.