St. John-Emmanuel Lutheran School
"Sharing Christ through Academic Excellence"
Week of April 22, 2019
School Calendar of Events
April 25-26 Soest Rummage Sale
April 26-27 Flatrock Rummage Sale
April 27- Spring Carnival & Silent Auction
May 1- Early Childhood Open House 4:30-6:30pm
May 3- Spring Concert 7pm @ Soest
May 5- Soest confirmation @ 10:30 service
May 31-Last day of school
This week we are praying for...
Brian/Emily Trumbower & Sam, Sarah, Hannah and Isaac
Brandon/Amanda VanOsdale & Zane and Alia
E-Learning for 19-20 School Year
The St. John-Emmanuel school board moved to reinstate E-learning with assignments due three (3) school days after return, following each campus’ normal due times. There will be no more than two (2) consecutive E-learning days. In a Monday through Friday week, there will be no more than three (3) E-learning days.
ILEARN Begins for 6th-8th Graders This Week
May Hot Lunch
- May 1st- Pack day for both campuses due to 2nd through 7th out.
- May 10th- Pack day for Soest
- May 16th- Pack day for Soest
Know also that the menu may not be quite as specific some days as it has been in terms of what is being served. An example would be pizza. The menu will say pizza but not specify what kind due to what we may have on hand to serve.
Current families have until April 30th to enroll without a late fee for 19-20.
- The PTL is still looking for volunteers for the Spring Carnival. Whether you need volunteer hours or not, please consider signing up to help. There are still plenty of spots (about 13 of them)that need to be filled. Please encourage family and friends to volunteer also as we are only asking 1/2 hour of your time. They are still looking for Cake Walk donations as well.
- Here is an easy link to do so: http://signup.com/go/XFPpqJj
- Carnival Setup will be this Friday April 26th at 6pm
Volunteering at SJE
Please note the info in bold below and see where you might be able to help/volunteer. If you have not yet volunteered this year, time is running out. Please consider doing so.
**Please note that your volunteer hours this year (18-19) will reduce or eliminate up to $400 of the tuition increase/student set for the 19-20 school year.***
The Lutheran SGO for SJE
Lutheran Night at the TinCaps
This year’s Lutheran Night at the TinCaps will be on Monday, July 22 (7:05 PM). The game will feature post-game fireworks and Family Feast Night (hot dogs, popcorn, pizza slices and small soft drinks are all $1). Ticket prices did increase this year and are now $10
$1 from each ticket goes to the RN scholarship fund at Lutheran Life Villages which provides the opportunity for LLV staff to grow and earn their RN license.
In addition to the traditional order form below, is the ability to purchase tickets online at the following link: