WRITING UPDATE FOR CORE-SUBJECT TEACHERS
WHAT MAKES AN ACCEPTABLE WRITING SAMPLE ?
Guidelines for Samples:
2. Be a written response (no worksheets or fill in the blank.) This can be a response to a prompt. Please note: ELA teachers need to collect two samples and once MUST be written in past tense.
3. The student's name must appear on the back of the page along with the date the assignment was issued. All samples must be dated on or after February 15, 2016.
4. There can be no teacher editing or grading on the sample. If you need to grade this sample, please make a copy to grade and turn the original in.
5. Samples must be the result of independent work not group, class or partner work.
6. Samples need to be turned in to Mrs. Cooper to verify. Then, the entire collection for each student is given to Mr. Yeager for rating.
7. Please note the dates when your samples are due:
Social Studies 3/1 Language Arts #1- 3/3
Science 3/2 Language Arts #2- 3/10