Should it be banned?
What exactly is MMA?
Submission is one way to win an MMA fight and what it first looks like is that they are hurting the other opponent. The fighters either tap out before being hurt or the referee will stop the fight if it looks to dangerous where it could do serious damage to the body.
Knockout is another way to win an MMA fight. This way is where one fighter 'knockouts' the other fighter where he can't defend himself anymore. The referee will immediately stop the fight after that.
People think that are no or very limited rules or regulations in MMA. That is false, there are plenty of rules and penalties and is very organized and strict.
Rules and Regulations
- Butting with the head
- Eye gouging of any kind
- Spitting at an opponent
- Hair pulling
- Fish hooking
- Groin attacks of any kind
- Putting a finger into any orifice or any cut or laceration of an opponent
- Small joint manipulation
- Striking downward using the point of the elbow
- Striking to the spine or the back of the head
- Kicking to the kidney with a heel
- Throat strikes of any kind, including, without limitation, grabbing the trachea