La Mesa Update
August 21, 2020
Por favor, desplácese hacia abajo para seleccionar español.
Parent Advisory Council (PAC) Meeting - NEXT THURSDAY
What role would you like the PAC play for you as a parent? Do you want education topics and speakers? Do you want a forum to share questions and concerns? Do you want informational meetings so you have a clearer view of what is going on at La Mesa and in education? Maybe you want a combination of all of this. Maybe you want something completely different.
Please join us next Thursday, August 27th at 6:30pm
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 925 7138 9367
Pass code: zH1bN5
We do need to fill a few leadership roles. If you are interested in helping out, please reach out to our president Analiza Bernat firstname.lastname@example.org
I hope to see you next Thursday. A relationship with our families is so important to me. And we truly want to support and serve the needs you and your children have.
Math Workbook Pick up and School Photos
The math workbooks have arrived and are ready for distribution. We will be combining the distribution of the books with school photos.
Please mark your calendars for the following:
Wednesday, August 26th, 1:00 - 5:00 PM - 7th-grade
Thursday, August 27th, 1:00 - 5:00 PM - 8th-grade
Time Based on Last Name
1:00 - 1:30 A - B
1:30 - 2:00 C - E
2:00 - 2:30 F - H
2:30 - 3:00 I - L
3:00 - 3:30 M - O
3:30 - 4:00 P - R
4:00 - 4:30 S - U
4:30 - 5:00 V - Z
***If you have a child in both grades, or the day or time does not work, please come whenever. We appreciate everyone who is able to come at the allotted time to cut down on wait time.
Parent will enter the bus loop and drive to the back of the gym. Students will be screened, including having their temperatures taken, and directed into the back door of the gym. There they will have their photo taken and receive their Math Workbook (Math 7 and Math 8 only).
Parents will drive around the back and pick their children up along the wall of the main parking lot.
Students will be socially distanced and will only remove masks for as long as it takes to take their picture. Hand sanitizer will available as they exit the gym.
All students will have their photo taken and issued a student ID. This photo will also be used in our yearbook. If you would like to order prints, please click the link below, print, and bring with you with payment. You can also order online.
- Go to: http://www.oconnerphotography.net
- Click on the SCV Online-Orders Button
- Enter the code: 20200826LMJH
- View and Order Package(s)
- Fill out order form with your Order Confirmation Number
- Tear off and send with child on picture day
Virtual Back to School Night - Thursday, September 3rd
On September 3rd we will email you a page of links that will allow you to view teacher Back to School Night Presentations. You can view these that evening, or at a time more convenient to you. These links will also be on our website and in the Teacher's Google Classrooms.
More information to come!
Free and Reduced Lunch Applications - Help Increase Federal Funds for La Mesa
Our Title 1 Funds have supported the following at La Mesa:
- An additional Counselor - Junior high schools in the Hart District are allocated 3 counselors. We have 4.
- Technology Licenses - Our teachers and students have access to technology beyond what the Hart District can fund
- Educational Field Trips - Our studnets have been able to attend field trips that otherwise would not have been possible.
- Classroom Supplies - We have been able to provide classroom supplies that are often provided from donations had schools where their is a higher socio-economic population
- Capturing Kids' Hearts Training - 100% of our teachers and most of our classified have participated in this vital training. We have been names a National Showcase School for two years in a row, and our campus is a much friendlier and safer place as a result of this training.
- Professional Development to improve teacher instruction
- And much, much more
Even if you do not plan to take advantage of the Free/Reduced Federal Lunch program, please take a few minutes to fill out this online form so that our numbers can be reflected accurately and the appropriate amount of funding can be applied to La Mesa.
By filling out the form you can also simultaneously apply for CalFresh, which provides money each month for groceries.
Connecting with La Mesa Staff
1. Classroom Teacher
3. Assistant Principal
Teacher emails can be found HERE
Griffins, Wolverines and 8th Grade Broncos:
Mr. Atkins email@example.com
661-270-6878 Text or Voice
Matadors and Wildcats
Mrs. Mancini firstname.lastname@example.org
661- 299-7917 Text or Voice
Tritons, Falcons, and 7th Grade Broncos
Mrs. Malkowsi email@example.com
661- 237-5787 Text or Voice
Cougars and Panthers
Mr. Paterson firstname.lastname@example.org
661-270-6435 Text or Voice
School extension 112
661-347-8005 Text or Voice
Mrs. Courtney Iacenda
School extension 113
661-367-1045 Text or Voice
School extension 111
661-567-0477 Text or Voice
Wednesday, August 26th - 7th Grade Math Workbook Pickup and School Photos 1-5pm
Thursday, August 27th - 8th Grade Math Workbook Pickup and School Photos 1-5pm
Thursday, August 27th - PAC Meeting (virtual) 6:30pm
Thursday. September 3rd - Virtual back to School Night
Monday, September 7th - Labor Day - NO SCHOOL
Monday, October 5th - Fall Break - NO SCHOOL