By: Janathan Wright
- Died on October 25, 1400
- Born in 1343 to a upper middle class family
- He lived in London, England
- He married Phillippa Roet in 1366
- He is known as the Father of English literature
Recognition and Accomplishments
- He is widely considered the greatest poet of the Middle Ages
- He was the first poet to be buried in Poets' Corner of Westminster Abbey.
- He was the author of the Canterbury Tales
- The Canterbury Tales helped shape British Literature into the phenomenon that it was in the Middle Ages
- He also was the author of "The Book of the Duchess".