September 9, 2019
Celestial Bowl Game
B-C-S would remain one of the lowest taxed school districts in the area even with passage of Nov. 5th levy.
B-C-S Fact Sheet #1
Building Opening Times on School Days
Free and Reduced Meal Applications for the upcoming 2019-2020 school year are available
Free and Reduced Meal Applications for the upcoming 2019-2020 school year are available.
To apply for free/reduced-priced benefits, fill out the online application at:
Payschoolscentral.com or call the Food Service Office at 419-898-6216.
Looking to view your students meal account activity?
To add money to, or otherwise access (check balances, etc) your child's school lunch account, you can go to this link below:
To access this in the future, you can go to the B-C-S Website (www.bcssd.com) under the Parents Tab.
Everyone has to register if you have not logged in. If you need help with registering please call us.
B-C-S Food Service Department.
Victoria Coffman: email@example.com
419-898-6216, Ext. 2210
District Calendar for B-C-S Local School District for the 2019-2020 School Year!
The 41st Annual Oak Harbor Apple Festival Schedule!
What's Going On At RC Waters Elementary?
Color Days at RC Waters!
Ice Cream Party!
What's Going On At Oak Harbor Middle School?
Important Reminders for OHMS!
- If your child is going to be absent, please be sure to call the school office (419) 898-6217 to let us know. If you know in advance, you can send a note. We have vacation forms to complete when it will take place during the school year (with the exception of scheduled school vacations). Otherwise, we will be contacting you. Thanks so much for your help with this.
- LIFETOUCH FALL PICTURE DATE IS THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 19TH
WHATS GOING ON AT OAK HARBOR HIGH SCHOOL?
Let's Go Rockets!
Karbor Krazies celebrating the home opener!
Attention Seniors - Note important yearbook dates!
8th Grade Rockets tackling success skills! The confident handshake & tie tying!
8th grade Rockets break out session: “Top 10 Tips for Managing Presentation Anxiety.”
Retired Captain Scott Frank presenting Digital empowerment info to the 8th grade Rockets!
Pep Rally Fun!
IMPORTANT OHHS DROP OFF & PICK UP INFORMATION!
OHHS Doors Open @ 7:00 a.m. for student drop off. Classes begin @ 8:00 a.m.
Classes end at 2:40 p.m. Building Closes @ 4 p.m.
Student Drivers enter Lot A through drive 1 & 4.
Students Drivers exit HS through drive #4 only!
Parent drivers for student drop off/pick up enter Lot A through drives 1 & 4. Please pull all the way up to alleviate lines on route 163.
Lot B is staff parking and Buses ONLY. No entrance for students and parents between 7:35 – 7:55 and 2:20 – 2:50 p.m.
Drive 2 & 3 NO ENTRANCE. This is bus entrance only during the above hours!
WHATS GOING ON AT PENTA?
Military recruiters will be visiting Penta the following days:
September 16th: Navy
September 17th: National Guard
September 18th: Marines
If you have any interest in learning about the different military branches, make sure you talk to the recruiters during your lunch.
WHATS GOING ON AT OUR PRESCHOOL CLASSROOM AT NORTH POINT ESC?
See what our Preschool Classroom is up to at North Point Educational Service Center located at Graytown!
Off to A Great Start!
ROCKET SPORTS HIGHLIGHTS:
- Rockets win the Galaxy Cup! Rockets 4 Comets 3!
- The JV Football Team traveled to Genoa today and defeated the Comets by the score of 28-0
- The Lady Rocket Volleyball Team had a Great tri-match today at Oak Harbor, beating Fremont Ross in 2 set. Then defeating Carey in 3 sets in a very hard fought close match. In the other match today, Carey defeated Fremont Ross in 2 set. Nice day for the Rockets
- The Rocket Boys cross country team ran their best race of the season today with a number of personal records at the Tiffin Carnival! Clay Winterfield finished in 17:53 and Camden Crandall in 18:21. The boys finished 39th overall.
- The Lady Rocket Soccer Team tied Genoa today by the score of 3-3
- The Lady Rocket Cross Country Team had a Great showing today at the 2nd largest cc meet in US. The ladies finished 12th out of 34 teams in DIvision II B. Nice Job Ladies
- The Rockets defeated Port Clinton tonight 165-167. Brenen Ish led the squad with a 39. Jordan Millinger added a 40, Grant Belcher had a 42 while Ryan Friar and Colin Ish each had 44’s.
- FINAL: Rockets Soccer JV 4 - Chargers JV 3
- The Rocket Boys Golf Team defeated Port Clinton tonight 165-167. Brenen Ish led the squad with a 39. Jordan Millinger added a 40, Grant Belcher had a 42 while Ryan Friar and Colin Ish each had 44’s.
- The Varsity Boys Soccer Team defeats Huron tonight by the final score of 4-0. Nice game guys
- The Lady Rocket Soccer Team drops their game tonight vs Huron by the final score of 2-0
- Rocket boys lose at Margaretta tonight 177-188. Grant Belcher posted the low score for the Rockets with a 43.
- Oak Harbor Girls Win Against Vermilion Tonight at Oak Harbor GC. Oak Harbor 193 Vermilion 244 Medalist Genzman 43 Shout Out to our JV group tonight that as a team shot a 217 lowest team round this year. Sarnes 49 Crandall 53 Wolf 54 Lemaster 61
- The Lady Rocket Tennis Team beat Port Clinton 4-1. Winners Grace Johnson, Hannah Duquette, Hailey Shiets,,Bailey LaFountain, and Viv Kunkle. Nice job Ladies
- JV Football Final Rockets 30 Fostoria 0
BENTON-CARROLL-SALEM LOCAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
WEEKLY SPORTS AND SCHOOL CALENDAR
WEEK OF 09/09/2019
Monday, September 9
2:00 PM H HS ~ Girls Golf - Perkins
4:15 PM A HS ~ Girls Tennis - Willard
4:30 PM H MS ~ Volleyball - Margaretta
5:00 PM A HS ~ 9th Football - Elmore
5:00 PM A HS ~ Boys Varsity Soccer - Port Clinton
5:00 PM A HS ~ Girls JV Soccer - Willard
6:00 PM H HS ~ Volleyball - Toledo Christian
7:00 PM A HS ~ Girls Varsity Soccer - Port Clinton
Tuesday, September 10
HS ~ Class meetings with counselors for students
3:45 PM A HS ~ Girls Golf - Bellevue
4:00 PM H HS ~ Girls Tennis - SMCC
4:30 PM A HS ~ Cross Country - Clay-Mile Repeat @ Oregon Rec Soccer Fields
4:30 PM A MS ~ Cross Country - Clay-Mile Repeatv@ Oregon Rec Soccer Fields
5:30 PM A HS ~ Boys Golf – Huron @ Thunderbird North
6:00 PM RC ~ TIE Meeting
Wednesday, September 11
4:15 PM A HS ~ Girls Golf - Tiffin Columbian @ Mohawk GC
4:30 PM A MS ~ Volleyball - Port Clinton
5:00 PM A HS ~ Girls JV Soccer - Anthony Wayne
5:00 PM A HS ~ Girls Varsity Soccer - Edison
Thursday, September 12
2:00 PM H HS ~ Boys Golf - Willard
4:00 PM H HS ~ Girls Tennis - Huron
4:30 PM A HS ~ Girls Golf - Clyde @ Green Hills
4:30 PM A MS ~ 7th Football - Bellevue
5:00 PM H HS ~ Volleyball - Huron
5:00 PM A HS ~ Boys Varsity Soccer - Edison
6:00 PM A MS ~ 8th Football - Bellevue
Friday, September 13
7:00 PM A HS ~ Football - Rossford
Saturday, September 14
9:00 AM A HS ~ Girls Tennis - Michaels Doubles Tournament @ Fremont Ross
9:00 AM H HS ~ 9th Football - Port Clinton
9:30 PM AHS ~ Cross Country - Myron Cline Invite @ Lakota HS
9:30 AM A MS ~ Cross Country - Myron Cline Invite @ Lakota HS
9:30 AM A MS ~ Volleyball - 8th Only - Genoa Invite
10:00 AM H HS ~ Volleyball - Woodmore
10:00 AM H HS ~ Boys JV Soccer - Huron
11:00 AM H HS ~ JV Football - Sandusky
11:30 AM H HS ~ Girls JV Soccer - Port Clinton
1:00 PM A HS ~ Boys Golf - Streak Golf Invite @ Fremont CC
B-C-S Alum Highlight Nominations needed!
The Benton-Carroll-Salem School District wishes to highlight the accomplishments of its graduates who reside in our area, the nation, and the world!
The B-C-S Alum Highlight will be featured in the Sampler and in other media throughout our area. We know that Rocket Pride is strong, and so are the accomplishments and contributions of B-C-S alumni.
We look forward to recognizing and honoring the extraordinary individuals who are graduates of Oak Harbor High School.
The school district was founded on July 1, 1967 due to the consolidation of the Benton Township School District, the Carroll Township School District, and the Salem-Oak Harbor School District.Benton-Carroll-Salem Local School District, home of the Oak Harbor Rockets, serves 1700 students on three campuses: R.C. Waters Elementary School (Grades K--3), Oak Harbor Middle School (Grades 4--7), and Oak Harbor High School (Grades 8--12). The district is committed to serving the needs of all students to prepare them for the challenges of citizenship, the workforce, and life long learning.