What's it all About?
What's it do?
- A persistent cough that produces thick mucus
- Difficulty breathing
- Common lung infections
The symptoms can get worse and become:
- Liver disease
How is it Inherited?
When do Symptoms Occur? Can We Find out Sooner?
What Factors Affect how this Disorder is Expressed? Can the Environment be Altered?
Are there Treatments?
- Medicines to thin mucus
- Chest physical therapy to help open it up
- Pulmonary rehab that includes diet and exercise
- Surgery to replace lungs or airway blockages
- Gene therapy to replace the defective ones with the proper ones