The Gayman Gazette
April 4, 2014
Upcoming Important Dates
- April 7th – K-2 Portfolios Sent Home
- April 8th – 2nd Grade to Churchville Nature Center
- April 7th & 8th - 5th Grade Writing PSSA
- April 9th – 3-6 Portfolios Sent Home
- April 10th – End of 3rd Marking Period
- April 15th & 16th – No Kindergarten – Teacher/Parent Portfolio Conferences
- April 17th – Early Dismissal at 11:55 AM (AM Kindergarten Reports – No PM Kindergarten); Parent/Teacher Portfolio Conferences
- April 18th – Good Friday – No School
- April 25th – 5th Grade to Philadelphia
- April 25th – 4th Grade to Regal Cinema
- April 28th & 29th - 4th Grade Science PSSA
- April 29th – Young Author’s Day
- April 30th – BBQ Lunch
- May 1st – Jump Rope for the Heart
Gayman Grounds Spring Clean Up Open House
Come out and help get Gayman spruced up for spring! Please join the Grounds Committee as they clean up the gardens around the school. No experience necessary and all are welcome!
When: Saturday, April 12th
Time: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Rain or Shine!
If you have any questions please contact Alicia Mangiacapre at email@example.com.
"Taking Pride In Keeping Gayman Grounds A Great Place To Grow"
Elementary Report Card Revisions
As we work to finalize our new reporting system, we want to continue to offer resources to help facilitate the transition to the “new” report card, and explain the rationale and some insight to the work that has been done thus far.
With that being said, we invite you to attend one of our three cluster meetings. District clusters include all elementary schools affiliated with each high school attendance area. In each one-hour meeting, we will define the goals of a standards-based reporting system by highlighting the characteristics that enhance our educational programming for elementary school children. Mark your calendar for Monday, April 7th at 7:00 PM. Central Bucks staff will make a presentation to “Future CB East” parents at Cold Spring Elementary School. For more information and to RSVP please click here.
Additional resources recently released:
Important Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
The Gayman staff strive to protect all students when arriving in the morning and departing at the end of the school day. For the safety of all students we need for parents to adhere to the following safety protocols:
- After dropping your child off in the morning stay in the car rider liner; DO NOT pull around any cars that might still be unloading students.
- Monitor your speed when pulling into the parking lot; children are not always aware of their surroundings and may dart in front of a moving car.
- Hold cell phone calls until out of the Gayman parking lot to alleviate driver distractions.
Let's keep our children safe when arriving and departing from school!
Roxy Reading Fundraisers
Roxy Reading has two big fundraisers coming up in April and May - this is a great way for students to support the Roxy Reading Therapy program!
- April 22nd at Chambers in Doylestown where a portion of the dinner tab will be donated to RRTD between 7 - 9 PM. Roxy herself will greet guests at the door!
- May 3rd at Fanny Chapman Park is the Kentucky Derby Day Dog Parade and Celebration. Click here for parade details.
April Boomerang Award
This year, Gayman will continue to accept nominations for the Boomerang Award, which is our way of honoring students who best demonstrate their own developmental assets. What are Developmental Assets? Students possessing a combination of “40 Assets” are typically most successful in school and in life. These assets have the power to influence choices young people make and help them become caring, responsible adults. For a complete listing of the 40 Developmental Assets visit: www. Search-institute.org.
April: #25 Reading for Pleasure. Young person reads for pleasure most days of the week, either alone, with family members, or with friends.
Swing Into # Swing Swag
The Home & School # Spring Swag Spring Carnival is right around the corner! From now until April 11th you can pre-order your carnival wristbands for $15.00 a piece - a $5 dollar savings per band!!
For complete details on how to pre-order your wristbands click here.
School Summer Fun and Academics For Students
The Central Bucks School District's Community School offers a variety of acitivites, both summer-fun related as well as academic, during the summer months. Online registration begins April 4th. For complete details click here.
Calling all Supporters of the Visual Arts in CB
The Central Bucks Art Department is looking for support for the Central Bucks Art Scholarship Fund. For a donation of $20.00 your business card will be advertised in the CB District Art Program with all proceeds going directly to the scholarship fund.
For complete details click here.