Week of April 3rd
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
- Monday, March 27th - Friday, March 31st - Spring Break
- Monday, April 3rd - Wear Blue for Autism Awareness
- Wednesday, April 5th and Thursday, April 6th - ACAP Testing for Grades 2 and 3
- Tuesday, April 11th and Wednesday, April 12th - ACAP Testing for Grades 2 and 3
- Tuesday, April 18th-Friday, April 21st - ACAP Testing for Grades 4 and 5
- Monday, April 24th - ACAP Testing for Grade 4
- Wednesday, April 12th - 4th Nine Weeks Report Card in parent portal
- Thursday, April 27th - Panther Prowl 4:00 PM
- Friday, April 28th - Career Day 9:00-11:00 AM
- Thursday, May 11th - Kindergarten Kick-off (See the scheduled times below)
Friday, May 12th - Field Day
Be prepared for ACAP testing
to help your child with ACAP testing. Testing begins the week of April 3rd!
*Please note that no digital devices/smart watches/etc., will be allowed in the testing environment. If your child is caught with a smart device their test will be invalidated by the State Department, and will have consequences within the school. Please help us have a successful testing environment by discussing with your child the reminders/tips included in the parent letter. Thank you! - Counselor, Mrs. Strong.
Our Finley Award Winners!!
The Bluff Park PTA is taking nominations for eligible PTA board positions for the 2023-2024 school year. Below is a list of available positions as well as a brief description of each position.
Available Board Positions
Fundraising Co-Coordinator – Helps to plan and execute the PTA fundraiser in both the fall and spring.
Hospitality Co-Coordinator - Helps to coordinate Teacher Tailgate in November, organizes the treat cart for teachers every other month, coordinates Teacher Appreciation Month in February, and helps to oversee and organize the PTA snack closet.
Volunteer Coordinator - Is responsible for overseeing the class room parents and coordinating volunteers for PTA and school activities as needed.
Nominations will be accepted through April 12, 2023. The Nominating Committee will present the slate of officers for the 2023-2024 school year at the general PTA meeting on May 17thfor a general vote. If you would like to submit a board nomination or have any questions about board positions, please email Emily Acton at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, please be on the lookout for additional information coming soon about PTA committee chair opportunities.
Meetings- Our next PTA monthly meeting is Wednesday, April 19th at 9:30 am in room 145. We hope to see you there either in person or on Zoom. The Zoom link will be posted on our Facebook page- BPES PTA. Wild Roast will be providing coffee for the meeting!
Spirit Night- Our next Spirit Night will be an ALL day event at Anthony’s Carwash in Hoover on April 12th! More info to come.
Stay Connected- Visit us at www.bluffparkpta.com for all things PTA and for helpful BPES info. Find is on Facebook at Bluff Park PTA and on Instagram @bluffparkpta,. You can also email us at email@example.com
Community Sponsors- We are grateful for our 2022-2023 BPE school year sponsors! A BIG THANK YOU to all of these businesses and business owners for generously supporting our school.
From our Registrar
Please read carefully as there is a lot of information pertaining to registering and planning for next school year. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me via phone (205)-439-2820 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
1. Reminder that Registration for the 2023-2024 school year for Returning Students is OPEN! If you have not already completed your online PowerSchool online registration, please check your email for a message with the subject line “Student’s Name 2023-24 Hoover City Schools Registration'' and use the link provided within the email. We strongly recommend completing the registration process now for staffing reasons and teacher placement for your student(s).
2. Not returning to Hoover City Schools? Please fill out this Intent to Withdraw form so we can include your student’s withdrawal in our count and be prepared with your withdrawal forms at the end of the school year.
3. Residency Updates- current residency documents must be on file for all students, including renewed leases and address changes. Please be sure any new residency changes are updated with me. This will help avoid any delays in your child’s placement for next school year. You can email all updated documents to email@example.com.
UPCOMING KINDERGARTENERS & NEW STUDENTS-
4. Upcoming Kindergarteners and New Students! Do you have a child starting Kindergarten this Fall (age 5 by September 1st)? Do you know a family who will be new to Hoover City Schools next year? If so, please share the word and complete our PowerSchool online New Student Registration.
5. Join us for Kindergarten Kickoff! Join us on May 11th for Kindergarten Kickoff! We welcome all upcoming Kindergarteners and their families to this event. Please be sure your PowerSchool online New Student Registration has been completed prior.
POWERSCHOOL PARENT PORTAL HELP-
If you are having difficulty setting up or navigating your PowerSchool Parent Portal account, click here to schedule a 15 minute appointment via phone call. You must have an account to view Progress Reports and Report Cards. Please note, this is not to discuss grades, but to help with setting up and navigating your account.
Check out the CommonSenseMedia.org Tip of the Week:
What do you do when your child asks for a new app....or wants to watch a movie you haven't heard of? Check out CommonSenseMedia.org for reviews on APPS, MOVIES, BOOKS, GAMES, and awesome parent guides for all things tech! It is an amazing resource! Also, for additional Screen-Time Tips, consider subscribing to the Common Sense Tech Balance text message program. This is a FREE program from Common Sense; however, message and data rates from your mobile provider may apply. If you have any questions or need any assistance, please feel free to reach out to me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org and I will try my best to help you in any way that I can!
The PE Place
Where you can find all things PE!
- Upcoming Units: Soccer and Fitness Testing
- Field Day will be on May 12th. We will need parent volunteers on this day. Please mark your calendars if this is something you are interested in. Sign-up documents will be sent out closer to the day.
- T-Shirts for Panther Prowl and Field Day will be available to purchase after Spring Break. Be on the lookout for details!
High Country: April 15th
Panther Prowl: April 27th
Field Day: May 12th
Parents - please be sure that your student is following the direction of the crossing guard. There have been reports about issues occurring on the sidewalk across the street from the stop sign.
Student Arrival Reminders
It is important for children to develop good habits. You can help us by having your child here on time. Every minute counts! Students not in their seats by 7:50 a.m will be counted tardy. Our academic schedule begins at 7:50 a.m., and we need all students and staff members ready to go. The first bell rings at 7:40 a.m. The tardy bell (third bell) will ring at 7:50 a.m. If the “your child is now late” sign is out, you will need to park and check your child in at the front desk. Carpool from 7:00 a.m.-7:30 a.m. is little to no line. It takes approximately five minutes for the car at the turn-in to make it to the unloading location in a full line. If weather or other extenuating circumstances slow down the carpool process, we will make an exception. Also, please be sure to only drop students off at the designated area. Thank you for your support.
Stepping through our doors
Students - The only students permitted to enter through the bottom doors are those that ride the bus in the morning. All other students must enter through the top doors. This includes walkers and carpool.
From our Nurse
Click here for health room information that will be updated throughout the year. Information regarding Covid, medications at schools, when to keep your child home, Lice, HNH Flu Clinic, etc. can be found at this link.
One of the new things HCS is doing this year is allowing parents to complete the google form to report Covid positive cases. This is necessary to do for attendance and to confirm dates of return. Here is the link: https://forms.gle/fyxvyBbsNi85VC426
Pledge of Allegiance
Please click here if you would like to sign your child up to say the Pledge of Allegiance over the intercom in the morning. Be sure to complete the form separately for each child you would like to sign up.
Substitute Teacher Applications
Hoover City Schools is now accepting applications for Substitute Teachers!
Do you enjoy the energy of schools? Do you enjoy being around children?
Come join our team of dedicated substitute teachers to continue the
learning process for our students when classroom teachers are absent.
The work locations and days are flexible!
Want to apply? Visit https://www.hoovercityschools.net/ and look for the Human Resources tab under Departments. You may also contact Amanda Hiltbruner at email@example.com 205-439-1045 for additional information.
Abrakadoodle Art Classes
Equal Educational Opportunities
(Notice of Nondiscrimination for Mass-Distributed Publications/Mass Communications)
EQUAL EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES
(Board policy, 6.6) No student will be unlawfully excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination in any program or activity offered or sponsored by the Board on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, disability, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, immigrant or migrant status, non-English speaking ability, or homeless status. All career and technical education opportunities are offered to all students regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, or disability. The district also provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
Mrs. Claire Jones-Moore, IDEA Coordinator
Mrs. Helena Young, 504 Coordinator
Mrs. Natasha Flowers, Title I Coordinator
Mrs. Natasha Flowers, Title II Coordinator
Mrs. Natasha Flowers, Title III Coordinator
Dr. Terry Lamar, Title IX Coordinator
Hoover City Schools
2810 Metropolitan Way
Hoover, AL 35243
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
(Board policy, 5.14.1) The Board is an equal opportunity employer. Personnel actions and decisions will be made without regard to factors or considerations prohibited by federal or state law (as such laws may from time to time be amended), including but not limited to race, gender, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, citizenship, religious preference, pregnancy, genetic information, political affiliation, military service, sexual orientation, or other non-merit based factors. Subject to the limitations set forth in 4.6.2, the general complaint (grievance) policy (4.6.1) may be used to present any complaint alleging unlawful discrimination or harassment. Inquiries regarding compliance and complaint procedures can be directed to:
Mrs. Kristi Williams, Equal Opportunity Employment Coordinator
Hoover City Schools
2810 Metropolitan Way
Hoover, AL 35243