January 4, 2016
Greetings to the Britt Elementary School Community!
Welcome back! I trust you enjoyed some fun time and a lot of rest and relaxation during the past few weeks. If your vacation was anything like mine, it passed way too quickly.
I want to once again thank you for your good work. I firmly believe the entire Britt Community watches and appreciates the excellent work of the Britt faculty and staff. Evidence of the community's admiration is shown in their generosity and in support of our school program. Below is a list of supporters who provided to Britt families prior to the winter break: (Thank you, Monica Mance, for sharing this list and for helping to facilitate these generous gifts to those in need.)
- Officer John Tainter and Snellville Police Department
- Snellville Wal-Mart
- Sports Academy of Snellville
- Gary Bell and the Gwinnett County Masonic Association
- Jenelle Freeman and the Freeman family (parent of a student)
- Traci Manigault and family (her son is a former Britt student, and she currently picks up our mail)
The second semester will begin with a day of staff development. (Please review the agenda for Tuesday, January 5, that was sent to you by email. It is imperative that rigorous and effective instruction be planned and delivered to transform and personalize learning for each of our Comets. Each instructional moment must be maximized.
A couple of reminders as we begin the new year. A new Ricoh copier has been installed. For the most part, it operates much like the previous printers. However, there are a few operational items we all need to remember to keep our new copier working smoothly and cost effectively. Dianne, Karen, and Brenda will ask each grade level to meet with them for about five to ten minutes for a brief demonstration. Secondly, I hope you enjoyed the gift of jeans days during the Britt 2015 Twelve Days of Christmas. I would like to remind everyone that professional dress is appropriate for school. It is important that our customers and our peers perceive us as the professional educators we are. If you have questions about appropriate dress for school and/or Friday jeans days, please refer to the Britt faculty handbook. Dress that is trendy may not always be appropriate for education leaders in a school setting.
Let me know how I can best support your good work at Britt Elementary School as we all strive together using effective, innovative practices to transform and personalize teaching and learning.
With warmest regards,
Happy New Year!
- A SPECIAL THANK YOU to each of you who gave your time for our children, making lasting and precious memories during the annual reindeer rides to students' homes.
- Join me in welcoming Angela Lacroix to the Britt family! She will be joining the fourth grade team today.
- More information will be coming your way this week as plans are being made to add an additional teacher to both second and fifth grade general education classes.
- See the pictures below of the bicycles awarded to fifty Britt Comets prior to winter break by Academy Sports in Snellville!