Get Whitt it!
For the strength of the pack is the wolf & the strength of the wolf is the pack...
WWE tomorrow!! Bring on the soups and salads!!
Christian Care Center...let's #levelup!
Goals check in!
I'll be placing in your box your goal from the beginning of the year and your "person", please complete the checklist included on the back and return to my mailbox. There is power in the importance of tracking our progress to achieve goals. Many people fail to accomplish their goals on time not because they lack skills and knowledge, but because they lose sight of what they want to achieve.
Small wins are massive motivators. But we rarely recognize them, because of life. Fall. Rain. No recess for a week. #allthethings.
That's what I want the accountability cadence to be for you...a WIN!
Thank you for turning in your conference list!
General Parent Conversation reminders!
- If a parent requests testing in writing, please notify administration and Debbie H./Laurie M. as soon as possible. We must respond to the parents within a certain time frame.
- Please do not directly tell a parent that they need to request testing for their child. Instead, we can discuss the RTI process, interventions we are providing, helpful tips for parents to use at home, etc.
If you are unsure of how to word your concerns, we can help! Just let us know if you need us!
After School Duty and WIN Time
If you have WIN time, please make arrangements in advance with your team so that someone can cover your duty after school. Thank you!
Please make sure that you are placing the F&P books back into the appropriately labeled book boxes. Some books are being returned into the wrong ones. Also, please return the folders when you return the book sets. I am so glad that you are all utilizing this library!
Parties and Celebrations: October 26th
If you notice a parent without a sticker or badge, please direct them to the office to check in. If it gets hairy, text me, radio me, call me, etc. I will be happy to come help!
Here is a basic schedule at a glance if you need it.
Grade level contest FOR THE CAN FOOD DRIVE!
Winning team, the one with the most cans brought in, will win...drum roll please....an hour to go out to lunch with your team!!
You get a long lunch, kids get the admin team at recess, everyone wins! Motivate your Wolves!!
Let's rock this with a CAN DO attitude!
(see what I did there?!)
Patty and Patricia pontifications
- Sharla Palmer, getting ANOTHER high five from a teammate! "I have a student that we’ve gone back and forth with for dyslexia training, and she is so willing to listen and help. She’s gone to the district level to figure out how to best help him, and since we’ve found out we can’t test him until March, she volunteered her time to help do interventions with him on whatever he needs. She’s fantastic!! Thanks Sharla!!!
- With everything you have on your plate, please know that your generosity in this whole principal appreciation extravaganza has been noted and is just incredible. Thank you all so much! October is crazy, and that's just one more thing you're doing, but know it's filling our buckets like rain barrels in Texas, ;)
- Patricia! You rock! We were Patty-less two days in a row and man, Patricia kept things flowing right on like usual! Thanks to Shari, Kim, and Lisa for stepping up when/where they were needed!
- #thatmarqueetho Had a parent compliment me on the marquee this week and I had to admit that Jessica Travis had taken it over and was working techno magic out there! :)
Worth a read...
#ThoughtForTheDay Every educator encounters a bit of self-doubt at times. Keep going, No matter what keep going. There will be times when it seems nothing can go right. Going thru rough patches allows us to appreciate & cherish our best moments of teaching...via #Culturize
I'll be listening for these in the halls tonight!!
18 late parent conferences, Jimmy John's in the lounge at 2:45!!!
19 Whitt Wolves Eat, end of 1st 9weeks, grades due today! (grades are due before you leave!)`
22 Early voting begins!
23 Principal PLC, hosted at Whitt (gulp!)
24 Reflections contest items due, team leader meeting
25 AT out, report cards go home!
26 Student Celebrations, Holiday parties, carnival: #ALLTHETHINGS (it's also snapshot day!)
31 nice normal, non-costume wearing day!
2 Wolf Howl
5 Magazine Drive begins
6 AT out ESC, Election Day!, picture retakes, PTA board meeting
7 PLC leaders meeting
8 Thanksgiving Lunch day, UIL night, Spring Creek night
12 School board meeting
13 AT out ESC, 4th grade to Austin
14 team leaders meeting
15 3rd grade program
19-23 THANKSGIVING BREAK (ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!)
26 WW Christmas begins!
28 Nat'l French Toast day!
29 Parent think tank ,6-7pm