It was great to meet you!
The Arts Empower Mega Conference...
I hope the workshop has been helpful for you and will give you new insight to your classrooms in the weeks ahead. As promised, here is a list of resources to help you on your learning journey!
- My powerpoint presentation
- An incredible set of lessons to bring Restorative Practices to your classroom (courtesy of The Center for Restorative Process)
- Restorative Practices in San Diego Unified School District
- A fantastic video from San Francisco Unified
- A lovely video on empathy by Brene Brown :)
By the way, remember that I offered you a free 20 minute Skype or phone call! No sales pitch, just support for you and a chance to ask questions. :) Email me to schedule - I have another training this week, so my calendar will fill up quickly!
Let's keep the conversation going!
I'm also very excited about my Intro to Restorative Practices Workshops! The next one is Wednesday, October 21st, from 4-7pm in the beautiful cafe at San Diego Performing Arts Center. This workshop is a power-packed booster shot of Restorative Practices learning! Experience a guided circle, and learn the foundational principles and practices of this next-level toolset for educators. My goals for you are:
- To leave with a significantly deeper understanding of the process
- To be able to articulately express the meaning of Restorative Practices to a colleague who is curious
- To understand how Restorative Practices integrates with PBIS and other behavioral management systems
- To be able to begin modifying to a wide variety of activities and situations
- To connect with a group of powerful, passionate educators for problem-solving
- To have a GREAT time!