Bel Aire Elementary School
PRINCIPAL NEWSLETTER #12: 2021- 2022 SCHOOL YEAR
Dear Bel Aire Families,
Bel Aire students had a very fun student council sponsored spirit day today--"Crazy Hat/Hair Day." It was great to end a short, busy week with a positive event.
Some other events from the week:
- Mrs. Sobhani's class worked with the county's Zero Waste Schools Program to conduct a trash audit after one lunch period. The Bel Aire Zero waste team, led by Mrs. Sobhani, has some creative plans for reducing waste here. Compost, anyone? Or should I say...compost, everyone!
- Bel Aire teachers participated in a professional development session led by the Mosaic Project--focused on helping students practice assertiveness and the "power of no."
- We've passed the mid-way point of Trimester 2!
- The amazing Bel Aire PTA provided a thoughtful breakfast and coffee for teachers--thank you PTA!
Next week we begin the bike safety program and we have a whole-school Draw-Along virtual assembly planned.
Be well, stay healthy,
Mrs. Rhodes 3rd grade class during a Writer's Workshop lesson
At Home Rapid Antigen Tests
The Marin County Office of Education is continuing to work with Public Health and the CDPH team to procure and distribute At Home Rapid Antigen tests for students, families, staff and the school community through state and federal sources for our school community.
In addition, at this point in time, we are encouraging all families and staff to seek and pursue access to free (and/or reimbursable) rapid antigen tests through the following new resources:
- Order your own free at home test kits: Officially staring January 19, 2021 to https://www.covidtests.gov/ to order your free at-home COVID-19 Tests. Or you can go directly to the USPS site to place your order at https://special.usps.com/testkits . Please note that this site is already processing orders!
- Reimbursement from health insurance providers: Starting January 15, health insurance providers must provide reimbursement for the cost of up to eight at home COVID-19 tests per month, which may be purchased from a pharmacy, store or online retailer and submitting a claim or reimbursement. Kaiser has reached out to patients to provide notification and is accepting forms through their www.KP.org patient portals (see attached screen shots to help navigate).
- Find a covid test website : Go to https://www.findacovidtest.org/ for up to date information on where antigen tests may be available.
January 20th - Deadline for RUSD PTA Nominating Committee
February 2nd - Walk and Roll to School
February 2nd – Bel Aire PTA Meeting
Walk and Roll to School
Walk and Roll to School is here again! On Wednesday, February 2nd grab your bike, jump on your scooter, or lace up those sneakers and walk or roll to school! Prizes will be given to those that participate, so have fun, get some exercise, and start your day off right! There will be another Walk and Roll day on March 2nd as well as a few other spring events, so stay tuned for more information in the weeks to come.
Interested in volunteering on campus this year at Bel Aire? Consider Choicelunch! Every day parent volunteers assist with our incredible Choicelunch program, organizing and handing out lunches to the kids. It's fun, easy and quick. Commitments are for a regular “once a month” shift from 12:00-12:45pm with 3 fellow parent volunteers (don't worry, we can always help find substitutes).
We are looking for regular volunteers for the following rotations:
· Mondays Group A: 1/24, 2/28, 3/28, 5/2, 5/30
· Mondays Group C: 2/7, 3/14, 4/18, 5/16
· Wednesdays Group A: 1/26, 3/2, 3/30, 5/4, 6/1
· Thursdays group D: 1/20, 2/17, 3/24, 4/28, 5/26
· Fridays Group C: 2/11, 3/18, 4/22, 5/20
· Fridays Group D: 1/21, 2/18, 3/25, 4/29, 5/27
Want to learn more and/or sign-up for a regular shift or as a substitute? Contact our Bel Aire Choicelunch Coordinators, Sarah Abbott (firstname.lastname@example.org) & Keri McCarthy Ferry (email@example.com)
Bel Aire PTA:
Bel Aire Spirit Wear: Show your Bel Aire spirit and support the Bel Aire PTA! Get your Bel Aire Spirit Wear including t-shirts, hoodies, and tote bags featuring the new Bel Aire design. These adorable totes with water bottle are $25 and can be delivered to your doorstep in time for Valentine’s Day. To order, contact Amanda Hyslop at firstname.lastname@example.org. All proceeds support the Bel Aire PTA.
Bel Aire PTA:
If you are interested in learning more about the PTA or want to get involved, please join us for our next Bel Aire PTA meeting on Wednesday, February 2nd at 9:00 a.m. For more information, contact Bel Aire PTA Site Chair Laura Smith, email@example.com
Seeking 2022 PTA Nominating Committee Candidates!
The RUSD PTA is seeking PTA members to serve on the 2022 Nominating Committee for the PTA Executive Board. The committee will be composed of five members and one alternate with knowledge of all three school sites and their volunteer communities. (To determine which five candidates will serve on the committee and who will serve as an alternate, the names of those expressing an interest in serving on the committee will be voted upon by the PTA membership through a confidential online survey.)
Meetings of the Nominating Committee will be held in February and March with the goal of delivering a final slate by late March. Open board positions to be filled: Reed Site Chair, Del Mar Site Chair, District Executive Vice President, Auditor & District Treasurer. Interested candidates: please contact Mickey Hubbell at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 20th.