The Sherlock's Tot Spot Times
The Tot Spot Early Education Academy
Ms. Alisha's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Katie's Email: email@example.com
Ms. Danielle's Email: danielle@Ilovethetotspot.com
Ms. Le Andra's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Instagram: thetotspotschool
We also now have a Youtube Channel: The Tot Spot Early Learning Academy and Pinterest: The Tot Spot Early Education Academy...be sure and follow us!!
Special Events and Birthdays!!
Birthdays: October 2- Asher R!
Welcome Tristan and Asher R!!!!!
October 15th- Tuttle's Orchard
October 16- Happy 1 yr. Anniversary Ms. Danielle
October 18-19 - Parent/Teacher Conferences
October 25-29 No Ms. Alisha
October 30 - Picture Day
October 31st- Costume Day
Welcome to Jeremiah and Terrence (bdays Nov.6th)
November 3 - Parent's Night Out
November 19-20 PJ Party Days
November 21-23 (Wednesday-Friday) Thanksgiving Break- Closed
Upcoming Zoo-phonics Friends
Vacations and PTO
Who do you contact concerning vacation credit? Asking a teacher will get you no where. Please email Mr. Mike at email@example.com
In the Classroom!
Remind Me App: It's a free app that we're using to for simple reminders like show and share, friend of the week, physical due dates, etc. Our class code is 26kh9g
Last month we welcomed Asher R, Angus, Quinn, Maia, and Tristan to the classroom. This month we will welcome Jeremiah and Terrence! Also we have our school-agers back in the building some days because of fall break!
This should be our final month on concentrating on the routine of our classroom. We will be stressing working as a team and doing the best for our community, which is what we call our classrooms. Kids of been doing really well and they're almost perfect for preschoolers and listening!
Sensory, Art, Science:
We're continuing to work on prediction, hypothesis, and estimate. We'll also keep our artic animals active this month by moving them to our sensory bin before changing it out for our fall theme. Also, I think they'll really enjoy the rainbow art, upside down drawing, making play dough and various experiments with coconuts, popcorn, clouds, an orange ooze.
Did you know we have snack math every day? Ask you kiddo what they learned at snack. You should hear all about fractions, adding, subtracting, in vs. out and over vs. under.
This month we have optometrist, conductors, farmers who have cows, cookie bakers, popcorn, ocean animals, and some interesting pretend play such as juggling and pretending to be the wind.
"Zoe and Moe" our daily social emotional puppets have been going well. We will continue to concentrate on manners, taking turns, cleaning up, washing hands, and add hands are not for hitting. We will also continue playing our feelings games, and start on our weekly sensory bottles to create our calm down corner. We'll also be discussing opposite emotions such as excited vs. scared or calm vs. nervous, etc.
Gross Motor: We're going to spend the month learning different exercises that involve our letter friends of the week ie rolling dice to crab walk. At the same time as we're working on coordination we will work on sportsmanship, taking turns and those manners of excuse me, please, and thank you. This month we really will hike around the neighborhood because we'll have a 2nd teacher almost everyday.
Fine Motor: We'll continue or sign language, using our fingers to count, hole punching, lacing, and scissor skills. This month we'll add creating tiny letters and shapes from play dough.
Operation Tot Spot Gives Back!!
- Please don't forget show and share items for Thursday. You can bring them in anytime before Thursday if you'd like to make sure your kiddo has an item.
- Don't forget to tell your kiddos to wash their hand in the morning at drop off.
Dear Tot Spot Families,
I am sending this email because we are getting close to the end of the year and therefore close to tax season. Because of our changes from Rapid Tuition to Tuition Express there will be two-year end summaries (a mid year summary for Rapid Tuition and a year-end summary). I emailed all our families when we transferred from Rapid Tuition at the time of the change, so please check your email history for that email. As far as Tuition Express, every family has direct access to your billing receipts through www.myprocare.com . If you have already signed up with www.myprocare.com you are ahead of the game. However, if you have not, you can register from this link www.myprocare.com. You will use the email you received this message from to login. If you have any problems, please let me know.
Tax Time is Approaching....
Tuttle's Field Trip!!
Monday, Oct. 15th, 9am
5717 North 300 West
Goodbye Summer....Hello Sickness! :(
I'm super excited for some Halloween books this month...are you?? Check out all the deals for this month!! Scholastic will be sent out October 9th and will orders will be due October 18th. Our online code is HQ686
Healthy Start Wisdom
The Book Nook
A Sherlock Favorite: Little Red Hot
The Parent's Spotlight
We so appreciate you supporting our fundraising efforts such as parent's night out! Next one is Nov. 3rd
Thank you so much for the parents who brought in supplies for our outdoor classroom! Because of that, we are able to start working on our outdoor music wall for both playgrounds!
Remember there is a suggestion box in the lobby, and we love to hear about ideas to enhance the learning environment for your children.
Thank you for all the special teacher treats that really touch our hearts (doughnuts, cookies, the supplies for VIPS, and various donations you've made) We can't express enough how much we truly appreciate anything and everything you do for us.
The Teacher's Spotlight
What is something that you think everyone should do at least once in their lives and why?
- Ms. Alisha: Jump off a cliff or at least a pirate ship. It’s fun!
- Ms. Maggie: I think that everyone should go to Disney World once in their lives. I think that everyone should go to Disney World once in their lives because it is the Most Magical place on earth
- Mr. Mike: Watch a sunrise over a ocean, it’s so peaceful
- Ms. Le Andra: I think that everyone should be a server once in their life. Maybe then people would tip better and realize how much a server does for you and wouldn't be so rude sometimes.
- Ms. Danielle: No clue on this one
- Ms. Katie: I think everyone should travel outside their home country at least once in their lives. There is a whole great, big, fascinating world out there that needs to be explored.
- Ms. Erin: Work in customer service for a short period of time so that people will maybe think twice about who they talk to those in customer service
- Ms. Rachel: I think that everyone should dance in a downpour at least once! It’s very freeing!
Ms. Crystal: Do something you never thought you’d do. Step outside of your comfort zone. If that means, you go out of your way to talk to someone you don’t know or bungee jump, do what challenges you.
Would you like to donate?
We could use
- Contact Paper
- Toilet Paper Rolls
- Baby/Vegetable Oil
- Food Coloring
- Corn Starch
- Scrap Paper
- Is there ever a time when you say to yourself, " I wonder if The Tot Spot would want this"? We could use it in so many ways. You may have babies, but the whole school is yours. Everything can turn into a sensory activity or learning experience. So, before you throw out your junk, ask your teacher if it could be used