Blair Oaks High School - November 22, 2019
We wish you and your family a happy and healthy Thanksgiving holiday!
No School ~ Nov. 27, 28, 29
We are so very thankful for you!
We are very thankful for Tony Reinkemeyer and the Blair Oaks High School cafeteria staff.
They prepared a delicious meal for our annual Thanksgiving Dinner.
Make plans to join us next year at the Thanksgiving Feast!
Barnwarming Dance - Nov. 22
- When: Friday, Nov. 22nd
- Time: 7:00 - 10:00 p.m.
- Location: Elementary Cafeteria
- Student cost for Non-FFA members is $5.00.
Football Quarterfinal Game ~ Nov. 23
- Blair Oaks Falcons v. Cassville Wildcats
- Date: Saturday, 11/23/2019, at 2:00 p.m.
- Location: Blair Oaks Athletic Complex, Wardsville
- Admission: $7.00 for everyone
- Season passes no longer accepted
- Children 5 and under are free
- Please do not bring any outside food or drinks in the complex.
Come out and support the Blair Oaks Falcon football team. You inspire them to play their best!
Basketball & Wrestling Announcement
Winter Sports - District Site Selections
- Wrestling will be held at Mexico
- Boys and Girls Basketball will be held at Eldon
New Booster Club Falconwear!
- Blair Oaks Athletic Booster Club Falconwear Order Form
- Only online orders will be accepted.
- Order deadline is Monday, 12/02/19.
- Items ordered will be delivered before Christmas.
Thank you for supporting Blair Oaks Athletics!
Project Graduation Coffee - Dec. 2
Each offering is $10.00. If you would like to order, please contact Joy Northweather via e-mail at email@example.com. Order deadline is Monday, December 2nd. All proceeds support our 2020 grads! Orders will be delivered in time for Christmas and would make great gifts!
Nichols Career Center Field Trip
- Date: Wednesday, December 11, 2019
- Time: 1:00 - 2:50 p.m.
- Students will tour the center, learn more about the programs offered, and attend classes.
If your student plans to attend the field trip, a permission slip must be returned to Jill Shanley by Monday, December 2nd. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Mr. Shanley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nichols Welding Signs for sale for Christmas!
- Joy with Nativity, 3 pc, $130
- Nativity Scene with manager, 3pc, $150
- Merry Christmas yard sign, $100
- Merry Christmas door hanger, $25
- Snowman door hanger, monogrammed, $45
- Snowman yard sign with monogram, $130
- Noel yard sign, $130
- Custom orders can be done
Cookie Drive ~ Dec. 12
The Jefferson City Community will once again help Maureen Murphy bake cookies for sailors on the USS Murphy. The ship has 267 sailors and they love their sweets. Our goal is to bake a variety of cookies and place them in Ziploc bags and ship them for the sailors to help honor Michael Murphy and the current servicemen and women.
- You can help by donating money to help pay for shipping cost.
Please write check to: Blair Oaks
- Gather with your friends and family to bake cookies to send to the sailors on the USS Michael Murphy. Any variety of cookie will be greatly appreciated!
- Place the cookies in Ziploc bags and bring them to Blair Oaks High School (Coach Holtmeyer’s room) on Thursday, December 12th.
- See the flyer for more information:
Cookies for Murph Flyer
2nd Semester Dual Credit Classes
Students interested in taking second semester dual credit classes should be aware of the following dates. All forms and payments must be submitted to Jill Shanley in Blair Oaks High School's counseling office.
- On December 3rd, State Technical College will be at the high school during 1st-3rd periods to visit with students who wish to take 2nd semester dual credit classes.
- On December 3rd, students who signed up to take 7th period Statistics during 2nd semester will meet with State Technical College during 3rd period if they are not currently enrolled in a STCM class.
- Central Methodist University enrollment forms are available in the counseling office
- Enrollment & payment deadline is Friday, December 13th.
2nd Semester Schedule Changes
- Schedule change forms may be picked up from the student's counselor.
- All second semester schedule changes must be made prior to Christmas break.
- Any student wanting to drop or enter a year-long class will need to complete a schedule change form and get 4 required signatures
Senior Composite Retake Day - Dec. 13
Wagner Portrait Group will be at school on Friday, December 13th, to take Senior Composite photographs for those who missed the original date or those who would like their photo retaken. These are used for the group photo that hangs in the school hallway.
GUYS: You will be photographed in a solid colored long sleeve dress shirt and tie. Please dress accordingly.
GIRLS: You will be photographed in a traditional drape provided by Wagner Portrait Group.
Survey ~ We'd love your input!
Every three years, the Counseling Department asks for feedback from parents, students, and staff as part of the Missouri Comprehensive Guidance and Counseling model. This is an important piece of feedback to determine the direction of counseling in the Blair Oaks R-II School District. Please take 2-3 minutes to give the district counselors your thoughts. Thanks so much!
Mark your calendars!
- 22 - FFA Chapter Barnwarming
- 27-29 - No School, Thanksgiving Break
- 2 - Booster Club Falconwear Order Deadline
- 2 - Project Graduation Coffee Order Deadline
- 3 - State Technical College enrollment for 2nd semester
- 7 - Band in Christmas Parade
- 10 - FFA Chapter Christmas Party
- 11 - Sophomore Field Trip to Nichols Career Center, 1:00-2:50 p.m.
- 12 - Cookies for Murph Fundraiser
- 13 - Payment deadline for 2nd Semester Dual Enrollment Classes
- 13 - Senior Composite Photo Retake Date
- 14 - Band & Choir Christmas Concerts
- 20 - End of 2nd Quarter
- 20 - Early Release, 12:30 p.m.
- No School, Winter Break:
Dec 23-27, 30-31, Jan 1-3
- 6 - School Resumes
FLCN News Network Announcements:
Blair Oaks High School
Providing a quality education and empowering lifelong learners
We envision soaring to new heights through:
Leadership and Service