Menu [(I)] Taste of the World [(I)] Menu
- Cut ribs into 4 rib sections, place ribs in large saucepan or dutch oven.
- Add water to cover and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour or until ribs are tender.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Line 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil.
- Place wire rack in foil-lined pan.
- Spray rack and foil with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, combine all sauce ingredients, blend well.
- Place ribs on rack, spoon most of the sauce over ribs.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 30 minutes or until ribs are glazed and hot, basting with remaining sauce every 10 minutes.
- (Ribs can be finished on barbecue).
Central American Chop Suey
- In a medium pot, add water and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, In a large wok or saute pan add cooking oil and stir fry all the veggies (put the cabbage at the very top) and saute until tender. This takes about 10-15 minute Remove the veggies from pan and set aside in a bowl. Keep warm.
- Add the noodles to the boiling water and cook for about 3 mins or until al dente. Remove from water, drain in cold water. Set aside.
- Add a little more cooking oil to the wok and add the ham. Cook for about 2 minutes Add noodles and lightly stir fry about 2 minutes Add chicken and veggies to pan, mix together, and season with the chicken bullion and cumin powder. Add salt if needed. Heat thru for another 3 minutes or until flavors have blended together. Serve warm.
Eastern Europe Cucumber Salad
1. Half the cucumber lengthwise and slice thin. Half the onion and slice really thin. (I always use the mandolin).
2. To a small bowl add : garlic, yogurt, vinegar, oil, salt, pepper and sugar.
3. Mix thoroughly with the cucumber and onion. Taste and adjust seasoning. You could eat it now or put in the fridge for a while.
4. Before serving fold in the dill.
European Union Stuffed Peppers.
- Preheat over to 375 degrees F.
- Combine finely chopped vegetables, oil, and seasonings in a pot or wok.
- Saute them for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add ground meat. (beef, pork, turkey, veal) your choice. Cook until brown and ready.
- Add rice to mixture and saute/cook through another 5 minutes, add sauce.
- Wash the peppers and take out the insides.
- Spoon the cooked mixture into the peppers.
- On bottom of pan lightly coat with sauce, place the peppers in the pan - do not layer one on top of the other.
- Sprinkle some paprika, olive oil, and if any remaining mixture on top of the peppers.
- Bake covered with foil at 375 for 50 minutes.
- Bake another 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees uncovered
Middle Eastern Hamburgers
- Combine ground beef, egg, onion, garlic, nuts, lemon juice and spices in a large bowl.
- Form patties and fry over medium-high heat until cooked through (about 10-15 minutes).
- Serve in naan and top with hummus, and if you're feeling adventurous, a little chili oil to spice it up!
North American Hamburger
- In a large bowl, combine beef, soup mix and Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix just until blended dont overwork the meat.
- Shape into eight patties.
- Grill over medium coals to desired doneness or until no longer pink in the center and a minimum temperature of 160 degrees, brushing frequently with barbecue sauce.
- Top with cheese; continue grilling until cheese is melted.
- For each serving; fill bun with lettuce, pickle slices, tomato and hamburger patty.
- Put chicken in large shallow dish.
- Drain pineapple, keep 1/2 cup juice.
- Set pineapple aside.
- Mix juice with the next 7 ingredients in small pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserve marinade.
- Alternate chicken, pineapple, green pepper, mushrooms, and tomatoes on skewers.
- Grill kabobs over hot coals 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Turn and baste frequently with marinade.
- Serve over hot rice.