Week of May 23
THINGS TO RETURN
- DARE/LEAD Field Trip Permission Form
- Philadelphia Class Trip Permission and Money
- Balloon Orders for Closing Exercises/Fifth Grade Farewell
- Sibling Call out form for Closing Exercises (Will be sent home with Invitations in this week's Friday Folder)
- Any books or supplies that belong to the classroom. (I have to pack up some of my room due to construction and I would appreciate getting any paperbacks, textbooks, etc. returned. Time to clean out some bedrooms!)
Calendar of Events
Wednesday, May 25 (Date Changed)
- Math test on Area, Perimeter, Volume and Measurement
Friday, May 27
- Philadelphia Class Trip Money is due
- INVITATIONS WILL BE SENT HOME IN FRIDAY FOLDERS FOR THE FIFTH GRADE FAREWELL (NO RSVP is needed because we will be in HS auditorium.)
- NO SCHOOL - Memorial Day
- Revolutionary War Project Check in- (Summary/Essay will be due; rough draft of historical fiction book is due.)
- Students will be given ample time in class to complete these assignments. However, if time is NOT used wisely, students will have to work on them at home.
Thursday, June 2
- Rohrer MS tour (Students only)
- Spelling Test on Lesson 14 words (This will be our last spelling test of the year! We are having it on a Thursday since the majority of the class will be on the Ambassador trip on Friday.)
- Student Ambassador Trip to the Fun Zone
- DARE Skating Trip (AM)
- We will start DARE (Drug Awareness Resistance Education) with Officer Hoopes some time in May
Thursday, June 8-
- ENTIRE Revolutionary War Project is due
- (Times will be given before, during and after school for parents to come and view projects.)
- Class Trip to Philadelphia
- EGG DROP - (2:00)
- Yearbook Signing Breakfast 9AM
- (12:30 Dismissal)
- STOY School Game Day -
- (12:30 Dismissal)
- STOY SCHOOL FIFTH GRADE FAREWELL EXERCISES -
(Due to construction, our closing exercises program will be held at the High School Auditorium. A reception immediately following the program will be held at Stoy
*If you have any questions or concerns about any of these events, please contact me!
Famous Person From The American Revolution
*This project is due on June 9. Most of the components of this project will be worked on and completed in school, if your child uses his or her time wisely. At this time of year, I need to keep the students busy and working. We will work up to the end of the year!
- Parent help will be needed to check in with students' progress, purchase the trifold board, and help decorate "Character Cut Out" and assemble final project. (Cut Out Templates will be given on Monday, May 16.)
- Research Organizers were collected last week. We will start to work on Summary/Essay and Historical Fiction Picture Books this week in class.
- Famous Quotes were due last week. I will print them out for students who finished them.