Week of February 18th
Important Dates/Events for the Week:
- Semester Conferences will begin this week.
- PLEASE TAKE NOTE - PLC's will be extended from now on unless everyone is notified otherwise. This week there are several PLC day swaps due to the optional workday and other things on the calendar. Please make note!
Monday, February 18th:
- Optional Workday for Staff/No School for Students!! (if you plan to take the option, please submit your NCE time sheet and/or submit your absence into AESOP. Please mark no sub needed.)
- Building Hours for Monday will be 6:30 - 5:00
- School Security Training 1:30 in Media Center (If you are not working and unable to attend, please plan to join us Tuesday for the training.)
Tuesday, February 19th:
- 5th PLC
- School Security Training for Classified Staff - Lunchroom at 1:30
- School Security Training from 3:30 - 4:30 in Media Center (anyone that didn't attend Monday, please plan to attend)
- District Stakeholder Meeting regarding Chatham Grove from 6-7 in MPR
Wednesday, February 20th:
- 4th/1st PLC
Thursday, February 21st:
- PROGRESS REPORTS GO HOME!
- 3rd/2nd/K PLC
Friday, February 22nd:
Congratulations to Brittany Ross! At the February principal meeting, Mr. Medlin drew out two names to represent Chatham from those that helped champion Readvolution. Brittany and one other Chatham teacher will be recognized at an upcoming game....NCE in the house! Way to go Brittany!
Our playground will be closed beginning Tuesday....We are getting closer and closer to our playground update!!! Until the updates are complete, it is necessary for all grade levels to play in other locations (if it isn't raining...the forecast doesn't look promising). Please work as a grade level to plan for supervision if you decide to use the following areas:
- Ball Field (by the road)
- Ball Field
- Soccer Field
- MPR (this areas is not big enough for an entire grade level. If you would like to use this area, please work on a rotation across the grade level. One class per day using this area would be ok. Also, please do not allow kids to kick balls up to ceiling tiles. This requires lots of work to repair.)
Progress Monitoring: It's that time again! It is time for I/E groups and classroom teachers to start progress monitoring again. Refer to the Tier II/Tier III Intervention Document if you have questions on what you are PM'ing your students with. See Brittany if you have any questions.
All CCS Employees are expected to be trained in modules on School Security throughout the remainder of the school year. Our first training session will be offered this week. All employees must come to one of the following sessions. Please make plans to attend one of the following sessions:
- Monday, February 18th from 1:30 - 2:30 in media center
- Tuesday, February 19th at 1:30 in lunchroom (for classified staff that are unable to attend 2/18 session)
- Tuesday, February 19th from 3:30 - 4:30 location TBA
North Chatham PTA has $8,143 to be used for STEAM education grants! We are now accepting grant applications to award STEAM grants for the classroom(s). Please complete the survey at the following link: STEAM PTA Teacher Grant
Consider completing a Positive Office Referral this week!
1) A call home from the Assistant Principal
2) Their picture on the bulletin board
3) A prize from the treasure box
4) Their name on the announcements
Remember that Positive Referrals are for students who go above and beyond the school expectations. To that end, the PBIS committee has suggested that the Positive Behavior Form be edited. Always feel free to use Paw Prints/classroom rewards for good behavior!
Lock Down Practice Feedback
After attending the Tier 1 behavior training, Mrs. Atkinson made posters stating bus safety expectations and sent a letter home explaining them to parents.
The riders on the bus can earn "Free Seat Friday" for excellent (and safe) bus behavior.
Way to go Nanette!
Car Duty for the Week:
PM Duty: Membreno, Torres, Exley, Rockett, Lowing, Davis, B. Horton, Shugart
Please do not send out mass emails regarding other covering duty for you due to an absence/progressional development. We must have confirmed people out at car duty and we have been short several days due to no one answering the mass email and/or people not covering their duty. This is too important a time of day for us to hope someone sees the email and helps out. Please text a friend that doesn't have duty to switch with you and/or text Carla