Here's what's due this week!
We are getting closer and closer to the end of the semester!
Have you checked out the directions for the final projects? If you need help with projects, don't forget about my office hours, and you can always text or e-mail me with questions! I'll also be hosting project help nights as we near closer to the deadlines!
This week you will complete Module 6 with lesson 15. To find all of the materials and assignments for this week's lesson, go to the course link that says "Course Modules" and find the folder named "Module 6." Inside the Module 6 folder, you will find the folder for Lesson 15.
- 15.1 Vocabulary
- 15.2 Speaking - Start your assignment and contact your partner
- Lesson 15 Vocabulary Quiz
- 15.2 Speaking - complete and post your assignment
- Lesson 15 Grammar Quiz
- Your attendance and participation in two coaching sessions is due by the end of the week!
- Assignments are due by the end of the day on the day they are posted
LEARN & LISTEN TO THIS WEEK'S VOCABULARY
As usual, you can always find ALL of the grammar notes for ALL of the lessons under the course link "文法 Grammar!"
A FEW THINGS TO LISTEN FOR IN THIS WEEK'S LESSON VIDEO:
The three concepts you'll be introduced to in this lesson are: the present tense short form, how to express "I think that.." and "I intend to..."
はい、だいじょうぶ だ と おもいます。
Yes, I think so. (OR, Yes I think that will be OK.)
- Instead of using the polite です, you can ONLY use the short form, だ before the expression とおもいます. だ is the short form of です。
- と おもいます means "I think..." and can ONLY come after a short form of a verb OR adjective.
- だいじょうぶ means "all right" or "OK" It's a useful word to know!
あした は きんじょ の じんじゃ や おてら に いく つもりです。
- つもりです means "I intend to..." or "I plan to..." it can only come after the short form of a verb. In this example, it comes after いく, the short form of いきます. Meaning, "I plan to go..."
- Remember, や is used like と when you want to list examples
Coming up soon in the Culture Cafe:
★ Tuesday, May 10th, 7:00 PM - Japanese: Longevity in Okinawa (with Boutin sensei!)
★ Thursday, May 12th, 6:00 PM - French and Art: A Journey to Venice, Florence, and Paris
You can check the culture cafe blog to see what's coming up!
Beaver Sensei's office hours this week
- Mon: 7:00-9:00 PM
- Tue: 1-4:00 PM
- Wed: 1-4:00 PM
- Thu: 1-4:00 PM
- Fri: 1-4:00 PM